Stats: The boys next appointment (well child check-up) isn't until 4.12.2018. Guessing that Asher currently weighs in the low 19lb range. And Jax in the lower 18lb range. (It's amazing to me that they're only a pound different but feel 5 pounds differen)t.
Food: They've been doing Enfamil all month except the last few days its been Similac. They still get five 6oz bottles/day. Typically at 7, 11, 1:30, 4:30/5, and 7:30. Asher AND Jax both love them some baby food!! They have the same likes and dislikes. Like all orange vegetables and all fruits. And dislike all green vegetables. Only "real people" food they've had has been a bite of banana and a bite of banana bread. Jax swallowed his and didn't seem to mind it but Asher immediately spit his helpings right out.
Routine: We've got a pretty established routine these days. Typically one or both of the boys feel the need to wake between 4:30 and 5:30am for a paci pop in...at which time I also typically snug a blanket tight around them and 9 times out of 10 they immediately go back to sleep. Wake up time is most often 6:45/7am. They immediately get a bottle after waking. Play for a bit. Eat baby food an hour after their first bottle and take their first nap around 9/9:30. Sleep for 2 hours and get their second bottle (around 11/11:30am). (When one wakes I always wake the other within 20 minutes). Lots of play time followed by third bottle at 1:30pm and then second nap of the day follows that third bottle. They typically sleep 2-3 hours for this second nap. Fourth bottle around 4:30/5pm along with more baby food (when the rest of the fam is eating). More play time and then Asher gets his helmet off for an hour in the evening. Asher gets a bath almost daily and Jax gets one every other time I give Asher one. And they get their fifth and final bottle at 7:30pm and get put down for the night at 7:40pm.
Developmental Milestones: We got some
(As the month went on you guys became better and better in the sitting department).
Other Things I Don't Want To Forget:
- Just after 6 months Jax finally started eating better and a week later was eating like a champ. Some days he even out eats Asher.
- Get oatmeal mixed in with your fruit in the morning. And so far no constipation!!
- Started eating (solids) twice a day after WCE (well child exam) on January 18.
- Both of you DESPISE(D) green beans. Was hilarious watching you "try" to eat. Your faces were great. Go figure you didn't care for peas either. Banana is both of yous least favorite fruit.
- Started drinking water out of your sippys this month too.
- Jax sucks his bottle dry within (what feels like) seconds. Always finishes before Asher.
- Some new toys came out towards the end of this month.
- Asher was officially sitting at 6.5 months and Jax a week later.
- First "big boy" stroller ride and they seemed to LOVE it. I say seemed because they barely made a peep. What a beautiful end of January day (Sunny and highs in the 50's).
- Asher got his first tooth (bottom front left) on Jan 23 and his second tooth (bottom front right) came within a week after.
- Asher had his first helmet check on January 25. Was told he had some great growth and that we definitely shaved some time off. So here's to hoping no more than 3 months in the helmet. Original estimation was 3-4 months.
- Asher got diagnosed with his first ear infection at his 6 month WCE.
- Started sitting in your small tub within the big tubby at 6.5 months.
- You still spend most of your days at home.
- Asher can't help but have his tongue out 98% of the time.
- Asher had his first fever along with a lil cold/congestion/cough, vomited once, and contained diarrhea. He actually stayed happy through this four day stretch. And by some miracle Jax stayed healthy.
- Mommy's friend (Rachel) took you handsome dudes "6 month" pics. You may have been closer to 7 months (2 days shy) but Mommy wanted you guys sitting so it is what it is. Since you technically were still 6 months they still count as 6 month pics!