Sunday, July 18, 2010

Burden Carriers

Since losing the girls, I have been reading a lot of blogs and books that deal with loss.  The first book (that I just finished) was written by Angie Smith.  It is called I Will Carry You...The Sacred Dance of Grief and Joy.  I took to heart a lot of what Angie wrote but below are some things that I wanted to share.

Sorrow is one of the things that are lent, not given.
A thing that is lent may be taken away;
a thing that is given is not taken away.
Joy is given;
sorrow is lent.
We are not our own,
we are bought with a price...
(Our sorrow) is lent to us for just a little while
that we may use it for eternal purposes.
Then it will be taken away
and everlasting joy will be
our Father's gift to us,
and the Lord God will wipe away
all the tears from off all faces.
-Amy Carmichael

I am praising God that Sorrow is NOT here to stay. That someday my Sorrow WILL once again turn to Joy!  "I tell you the truth, you will weep and mourn while the world rejoices.  You will grieve, but your grief will turn to joy." (John 16:20).  What a promise we have if we stay faithful to our Lord and Savior.  Brian and I have chosen to stay faithful...knowing God has something bigger in store for us.  God knows what it is like to sit by and watch a beloved only child die.  He sees our tears and wipes them away one by one.  He feels our pain.  But His promise remains.  He will not leave us.  He will hold us up with His right hand, even when we are too weak or exhausted to cling to Him.  Our story is not done, it is just beginning.  I may have empty arms now, which is something I am dealing with every day, but someday I will hold my perfect little angels again in my Heavenly Father's home and what a day that will be!

How you can help me deal:

Grief is a winding, nasty road that has no predictable course, and the best thing you can do as a friend is to show up for the ride.  You cannot rush grief.  A time will come when we are ready to take the next step, but that is between the Lord and ourselves.  In the meantime, please be sensitive to those who are grieving, aware that they may not be able to do "normal" things for quite a while. (Angie Smith)

And finally...

He will wipe away every tear from their eyes.  There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.  He who was seated on the throne said, "I am making everything new!"  Then he said, "Write this down, for these word are trustworthy and true." Rev 21:4-5

No comments:

Post a Comment