Thursday, July 29, 2010

July 29th...

So today is my birthday.  The big 2-7...yikes.  As can be expected the day turned out much different than I had envisioned 6 weeks ago.  Today I would have been 26 weeks pregnant and maybe that belly of mine would have finally announced to the world that yes I am pregnant!  The morning started with a few tears that slowly subsided after a talk with the hubby.  In which, he reminded me that there will be better birthdays in the future!  Brian ended up taking the day off from work today so I didn't have to be alone on my birthday.  My original plan was to hang out with my sister (and her kids) lounging in her pool but that changed when she needed to have a kidney stone blasted today.  So off to Tunnel Park we went to spend the day in the sun.  The weather was perfect and better yet...we didn't run into anyone that we knew.  Brian was mostly a real trooper since he really doesn't like to sit out in the sun.  While I read my book (Eat, Pray, Love...which is quite addicting by the way), Brian kept asking if I wanted to throw the football around (always needs to be entertained at the beach).  After the beach we went for an early dinner to Goog's Pub and Grub...(excellent food and great service)!  Next we went for a short bike ride through Holland St Beach and Campground.  And finally finished with ice cream at Captain Sundae's.  Then home to R.E.L.A.X and receive phone calls from my 3 favorite little girls (here on earth).  They all called to wish me a Happy Birthday...thanks Ky, Addi, and Cam!!!  So overall it was a great birthday.  But thoughts of my girls are ALWAYS there.  The day was great but it still could have been better.  Such is life these days though I suppose.  Tomorrow is day 2 of my birthday celebration.  I am going to my sisters pool to hang out with all the girls of my family plus 2 really cute studs named Cole and Easton!  And then in the evening dinner with the in-laws.
The hubby and I at Tunnel Park

Birthday dinner at Goog's

Yesterday was my second day back at work.  Started the morning off cranky because I had to get up TWO MORNINGS IN A ROW...poor me I know.  Then I was fighting back tears driving into work (no idea why).  And I had to fight tears a couple of times at work.  Of course I had to work with the secretary who is due 2 weeks before what my due date was for the girls.  She was really sensitive though and gave me a big hug.  Then just as I was leaving another girl who I work with (who is due 3 weeks after my due date) came in.  She asked how I was (like she hadn't seen me in awhile and was simply catching least thats how it felt) and said I looked really tan.  I said well I don't have much else to do these days and at that point I was glad I was heading home...

No comments:

Post a Comment