Tuesday, July 27, 2010

TRIALS

I know how great this makes you feel, even though you have to put up with every kind of aggravation (trial) in the meantime. Pure gold put in the fire comes out of it proved pure; genuine faith put through this suffering comes out proved genuine. When Jesus wraps this all up, it's your faith, not your gold, that God will have on display as evidence of his victory. (1 Peter 1:6-7; the Message)

What do you do when the rug is jerked out from under you?  Do you panic?  Do you doubt the Lord's love?  Do you trust in God to get you through the tough times? (Charles Swindoll). 

Imagine walking in to your doctor's office for your 20 week ultrasound.  You are eagerly anticipating whether your daughter is going to have a twin sissy or brother.  You are so excited and so carefree.  And then less than an hour later...your world comes crashing down.  Your dreams SMASHED to smithereens.  How do you pick up the pieces?  It's simple trust in your Heavenly Father.  And P.R.A.Y for His guidance and peace.  Those first few hours after finding out I was dilated were devastating and I will be honest when I say I was numb from the shock.  Why God came up quite often.  I was sick to my stomach.  I could not cry.  I could not smile.  I could not sleep.  All I could think was, "really God?"  Did I panic...no.  Did I doubt the Lord's love...no.  Did I trust God to get me through those first few days (and now the weeks and months to come)...YES.  I am so thankful I serve a faithful God who is and has been with me from the moment I heard those terrible words (you're dilated to a 4 and you need to go immediately to Spectrum Health's ER).  Now, I am by no means saying I am a perfect Christian but I know that God loves me in spite of all my imperfections.  So if I question why (frequently) and get angry (often) and think poor me (too many times to count)...my Heavenly Father is still with me and STILL LOVES ME.

Why then is it important that we have trials?

Trials, therefore, become a means to a greater end: a deeper relationship with Christ on earth and a richer reward from Him in heaven.  We must remember that we are never closer to Him, never more a recipient of His strength, than when trials come upon us.  This is especially true when we are reviled for the name of Christ.  One of the highest privileges on earth is to suffer for His sake.  At those times the Holy Spirit draws near, administers strength, and provides an abiding presence of God's glory.  (Charles Swindoll)

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.  Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. (James 1:2-4)

And just to let you all know...my first day back to work went extremely well.  A definite answer to prayer.  I know every day won't go as well but hopefully I will have more good working days than bad.  Tomorrow is day 2 (another short 4 hour shift)...pray is goes just as well as day 1.  I am so blessed to work with such wonderful and caring coworkers.  A simple hug and we're praying for you goes a LONG ways!  And a big yea for NO awkward comments : )


Your Hands by JJ Heller


I have unanswered prayers
I have trouble I wish wasn't there
And I have asked a thousand ways
That You would take my pain away
That You would take my pain away

I am trying to understand
How to walk this weary land
Make straight the paths that crookedly lie
Oh Lord, before these feet of mine
Oh Lord, before these feet of mine

When my world is shaking
Heaven stands
When my heart is breaking
I never leave Your hands

When You walked upon the Earth
You healed the broken, lost, and hurt
I know You hate to see me cry
One day You will set all things right
Yea, one day You will set all things right

When my world is shaking
Heaven stands
When my heart is breaking
I never leave Your hands

Your hands
Your hands that shape the world
Are holding me, they hold me still
Your hands that shape the world
Are holding me, they hold me still

When my world is shaking
Heaven stands
When my heart is breaking
I never leave You when...

When my world is shaking
Heaven stands
When my heart is breaking
I never leave...
I never leave Your hands

Our world is shaking and our hearts our breaking but Brian and I will always be in God's perfect hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment