Saturday, August 14, 2010

Christmas in August

Since the girls were born I like to get out of the house at least a little bit every day.  If I am in the house too long I start thinking about the girls and this always leads to tears.  So lately Brian and I have made a habit of getting out every Saturday.  Today's destination led us to Gander Mountain and Hobby Lobby (as well as Target and Taco Bell).  Brian dropped me off at Hobby Lobby and then headed to Gander.  I love just roaming around the store.  I wasn't looking for anything in particular. 

But this is what I bought...


And this is what I made...



Alayna and Ella's 1st Christmas Ornaments!

Today we went to the Target in Jenison.  Big step for me because this is the Target I frequented when I was pregnant.  This was THE Target where I purchased some of my first maternity clothes and where I would wander the baby isles thinking about all the things I would be buying my little ones.

And so today it seemed fitting that I would see tons of pregnant people walking through my beloved Target with smiles on their faces and it makes me want to look like this again...


The LORD will work out His plans for my life--for Your faithful love, O LORD, endures forever.
Don't abandon me, for You made me.
Psalm 138:8

And out of me came two of the most beauitful babies EVER...

Alayna Joy
6.24.2010
Ella Adrianna
6.30.2010

"No mere man has ever seen, heard, or even imagined what wonderful things God has ready for those who love the Lord"
1 Corinthians 2:9

2 comments:

  1. My words for the beauty of your precious daughters is not adequate, so I cannot simply tell you....
    My heart hurts, for us and where we thought we would be, but Lindsey we will, I know we will. Our twins brought us together and have touched us in ways nobody can understand.
    I love the ornaments and may just have to do that for my Jay and Morgan.
    As always, thank you for sharing what your daughters have done for you today.
    God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to make them ornaments. Super cute. Linds, we continue to pray for you guys and know that God is working in wonderful ways. Love you!

    ReplyDelete