Thursday, August 26, 2010

For Every Thought There Is A Verse

I have said it before but I will say it again...grief is tough work. 
Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life. Psalm 138:7

When I lost the girls my hopes were lost, my plans went unfinished, and my dreams went unfulfilled.
For I know the plan I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

But I wanted my girls to play with their cousins and I wanted them to play with their "would have been" best friend Taylor.
For He is their life and the length of their days. Deuteronomy 30:20

Your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139:16

How do I pick up the shattered pieces?
That's why I urge you to pray for absolutely everything, ranging from small to large. Include everything as you embrace this God-life, and you'll get God's everything. Mark 11:24

My heart aches and my tears flow freely.  Does my Savior even care?
You've kept track of my every toss and turn through the sleepless nights, each tear entered in Your ledger, each ache written in Your book. Psalm 56:8

This cannot be the end.  My God must have big plans for me (and my hubby).
Now glory be to God, who by his mighty power at work within you is able is able to do far more than you would ever dare to ask or even dream of.  Infinitely beyond your highest prayers, desires, thoughts, or hopes. Ephesians 3:20-21

Dear reader, are you in some terrible trouble?  Have you experienced some distressing disappointment, sorrow, or inexpressible loss?  Are you in a difficult situation?  Cheer up!  You have been "locked up" in faith. Accept your troubles in the proper way and commit them to God.  Praise Him "that in all things God works for the good of those who love him" (Rom. 8:28) and that He "acts on behalf of those who wait for him" (Isa. 64:4). God will send you blessings and help, and will reveal truths to you that otherwise would never have come your way. And many others will also receive great insights and blessings because you were "locked up" to learn the way of faith.

Great things are done when man and mountains meet,
These are not done by walking down the street.
(Streams in the Desert)

And I just wanted to share a few pictures from my family fun lake day on Tuesday at my Aunt Diane's (they're all of my nieces and one of my nephews)...

Kylynn and Cambrey swimming...

and they made it here all by themselves!

Addi Joy

Tired Coley Boy

Hungry Coley Boy

and 4 of the 5 grandbabes with grandma.



1 comment:

  1. Your post is so true and all of those thoughts you have, have been mine too. I am so glad for His grace.
    When I read yesterdays devotional, I was like holy cow! Indeed, we are locked up in faith and I am so glad we serve a loving God.
    I gain such peace when I think about Jay, Morgan, Alayna, and Ella in Heaven, healthy and whole.

    Hugs,
    Kami

    ReplyDelete