Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Good Ole Fair

I can do everything through him who gives me strength. (Phil 4:13)

I survived my first full weekend of work.  I survived my first week of being full time.  I survived!  It was better than I thought it would be but lets just say I was still a little bit cranky.  And my hubby took the brunt of it...sorry babe.  So yesterday I kept myself busy.  Met my bestie for breakfast.  Then went to my sisters and read my latest book until she got home.  Then hung out with my sister most of the afternoon.  Then went to my parents for dinner with the hubby, my sis, and her kiddos.  Then went to the Hudsonville fair with my parents, sis, and her kiddos.  It was a good day!  The kiddos loved the tractor pull (which we watched from behind the fence.  What can you say...we're cheap)!  Cole loved him some elephant ear.  When I asked Cambrey if she wanted some she said no.  She literally thought she was going to eat an elephant's ear.  So when further explained she gobbled it up as well.  Cole loved the animals.  Cambrey hung on for dear life.  Cambrey's highlight was seeing the cow's poop.  She kept saying I want to see more (and she meant more poop not cows).  She even caught one peeing.  Funny girl. 

Cole watching the tractor pull with elephant ear in his hand!

Check it out Aunt Linny

Coley Boy

Grandma with Cambrey

Cambrey with Aunt Linny

Sissy with Papa and Coley with Grandma

 Cole with his mama (and more elephant ear)!

The latest book I have been reading is Karen Kingsbury's Take Four.  I was reading it the other day and came across this:  "Do you ever think about the babies you lost?"  Andi had thought often lately about her lost siblings-the babies her mom had lost through miscarriage.  "Of course..."  "They were all boys right?"  "They were."  Lisa smiled, but her eyes still showed her sorrow.  "I like knowing that one day you'll meet them.  Your little brothers..."  She gave her mom's hand a squeeze that told her without words how sorry she was for her heartache.  For the loss their family had spent a lifetime living with.

I am constantly reminded that Brian and I are not the only people going through the loss of a child.  (Children in our case).  And even though this isn't a true story, God is giving me reminders that Brian and I are going to be okay.  We will live with sorrow and joy.  We will live with heartache but we will smile through it.  We are different people.  We will never forget our precious daughters.  Our future children will never forget their big sisters.


"Then we are one in Him," they cried in gladness, "for no one but He could unite Joy and Sorrow."  Therefore they walked hand in hand into the world, to follow Him through storms and sunshine, through winter's severe cold and the warmth of summer's gladness, and to be "sorrowful, yet always rejoicing." (Streams in the Desert)

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (Phil 4:6-7)

And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. (Phil 4:19)

Happy 2 month birthday in Heaven my sweet Alayna Joy.  I am two months closer to holding you again!

No comments:

Post a Comment