Sunday, August 8, 2010

We Will Never Be The Same

Read Luke 8:40-42 and 49-56...if you are unfamiliar with the story of Jairus and his daughter.

Some of you find the story of Jairus difficult to hear.  You prayed the same prayer he did, yet you found yourself in a cemetery facing every parent's darkest night: the death of your child.  No pain compares.  What hope does the story of Jairus offer to you?  Jesus resurrected Jairus's child.  Why didn't he save yours?  God understands your question.  He buried a child too.  He hates death more than you do.  That's why he killed it.  He "abolished death and brought life and immortality to light" (2 Tim. 1:10).  For those who trust God, death is nothing more than a transition to heaven.  Your child may not be in your arms, but your child is safely in his. (Max Lucado)

Jesus looked up and said, "Father, I thank you that you have heard me." (John 11:41).

Who ever thinks of announcing a victory song as the army is just heading out to the battlefield?  And where do we ever hear a song of gratitude and thanksgiving for an answer that has not yet been received?  Yet in this Scripture passage, there is nothing strange, forced, or unreasonable to the Master's sequence of praise before the miracle.  Praise is actually the most vital preparation to the working of miracles.  Miracles are performed through spiritual power, and our spiritual power is always in proportion to our faith. (John Henry Jowett)

So here is my prayer:
Thank You Father for holding my precious Alayna and Ella safe in your arms until I can hold them safely in mine and Thank You Father for my future children.  I know in your time we will be blessed again but until that day I pray for patience and trust.  I eagerly look forward to meeting Alayna and Ella's little brothers and/or sisters!  Amen.

The only way to genuine patience can be acquired is by enduring the very trials that seem so unbearable today.  Turn from your running and submit.  Claim by faith to be a partaker in the patience of Jesus and face your trials in Him.  There is nothing in your life that distresses or concerns you that cannot become submissive to the highest purpose.  Remember, they are God's mountains.  He puts them there for a reason, and we know He will never fail to keep His promise. (Streams in the Desert). 

Here I am Lord.  Climbing the biggest mountain of my life hand and hand with you (but sometimes Lord...I might need to climb on your back...so thanks in advance)!

The purpose of our trials is not only to test our worthiness but also to increase it, just as the mighty oak is tested by the storms as well as strengthened by them. (Streams in the Desert)

Brian and I's lives were drastically changed on June 15, 2010.  On that day we could have chosen to turn our backs on everything that we believed in.  But we didn't.  We held strong believing in God's perfect plan.  And even though His plan was a far cry from ours, we still continue to trust in our Father.  Our hope is that someday our faith will be as sturdy as the mighty oak!

YOU NEVER LET GO by MATT REDMAN

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
Your perfect love is casting out fear
And even when I'm caught in the middle of the storms of this life
I won't turn back
I know you are near

And I will fear no evil
For my God is with me
And if my God is with me
Whom then shall I fear?
Whom then shall I fear?

(Chorus:)
Oh no, You never let go
Through the calm and through the storm
Oh no, You never let go
In every high and every low
Oh no, You never let go
Lord, You never let go of me

And I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on
A glorious light beyond all compare
And there will be an end to these troubles
But until that day comes
We'll live to know You here on the earth

Yes, I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on
And there will be an end to these troubles
But until that day comes
Still I will praise You, still I will praise You

So these last few days have been crazy busy. From slowly increasing my work hours, to meeting friends at Rainbow Grill (donut sundae anyone???), to grilling out and boating with friends, to grilling out, getting ice cream, and playing cards with friends...all of this has not left me much time to blog. Hence, why this is one looooong entry! Yesterday was spent with family. In the afternoon we headed to my parent's house to spend the day boating (with almost the whole fam). My three nieces had a blast on the boat but Cole decided a nap on daddy sounded better. Easton got to hang out inside (probably thankful to be away from his sisters and cousins). Then in the evening we headed to one of my favorite restaurants (Crazy Horse) with Brian's parents, his Uncle Gene and Aunt Marian, and his cousin Sharon and her hubby Bruce. After dinner we played a little golf...card style! And then today was a bittersweet day as we said good-bye to one of our Pastors. He is heading to Iowa to lead a new church family and we wish him only the best. We had a little good-bye taco lunch for the Breen family after church with our Sunrise family. And now this afternoon we get to enjoy this beautiful day from God!

So I just had to share this story that I am about to tell. I laughed so hard that I almost started crying. And mind you...I have not had a good laugh in a long time. So one day last week I threw in a load of laundry and completely forgot to put it in the dryer. Brian had asked me that night if I had done a load of laundry and I said no. Well the next day I checked to make sure I was right. I was not...whoops. There was a pile of wet laundry in the dryer. I smelled it and it seemed to smell just fine so I started up the dryer. I did another load of laundry, dried that load, and threw that load along with the first into the laundry basket to fold and put away. Well I didn't get to it until yesterday. Some of it seemed to smell funny so I threw it back into the laundry. Fast forward to this morning. I asked Brian if his bath towel was new this morning. He said yes and I said well it really smells. I got him a new one amongst his grumblings about that awful smell. Fast forward a little more to Brian and I sitting in church. I kept smelling "that same stinky towel smell." I kept checking to see if it was me. Finally I nonchalantly smelled Brian...I had found the smell! I whispered in Brian's ear (okay I am laughing as I even type this) that the towel smell was back and it was him. He was none too pleased and said that he had been smelling it too. He said a couple things...don't remember what they were BUT they only made me laugh more. So the more I laugh, the more annoyed he gets....all of this during church. So before we went to the church dinner we ran home so he could change. And the one thing I do remember is him saying "would you want to smell like a donkey's ass?" Nope honey, I think I will pass!

Lastly, I have many prayer requests that I would like to share...
1. Our Pastor as he continues his 5 year battle with cancer.
2. Libby, a 26 year old mother and wife who was just diagnosed with lymphoma.
3. Elaine, my parent's neighbor who just started chemo treatments to battle breast cancer.
4. A friend's sister-in-law who is going through a very rough time with her husband.
5. A coworker who is going through a difficult time in his marriage.
6. My friend Kami and her hubby Rob who continue (just like Brian and I) to deal with the loss of their infant son and daughter.
7. My friend Heather who is almost 27 weeks pregnant with her second daughter. (She lost her first daughter to premature birth last October).
8. My new friend in Australia who is pregnant with twins and due around Christmas time. (She lost twins in January 2009).



1 comment:

  1. Okay, the laundry story is hilarious...totally something I would have done!
    So wonderful you were able to enjoy the beautiful weather yesterday, perfect summer evening. Thank you Lord.
    And, you are right, we will never be the same. Our twins have forever changed our lives. I am grateful for the love of God and that beautiful kingdom of Heaven where our children are waiting for us.
    Hugs,
    Kami

    ReplyDelete