Saturday, September 25, 2010

Birthday Party and Such...

Last night we celebrated (my niece) Cambrey Annette's 3rd birthday.  Three years ago she made her presence known and she has been making it known ever since.  I will never forget the moment my sister called and told me that she had had a girl.  At first I didn't believe her.  I thought for sure she was having a boy.  But out came that lil girl bundle of love and love her I do.  She has been such "good medicine" for me these last few months because she always makes me smile.  And because she loves her Aunt Linney so much!  Unfortunately she came down with the chicken pox about two weeks ago so my other favorites (my other nieces and nephew) were unable to make it to her party (my bro and sis-in-law decided to just play it safe).  So it was a quieter birthday party this year but still fun.  Happy Birthday Sis!

 Me and my "sis" the birthday girl.

 My beautiful 3 year old niece!

 She was so excited about her card...as her mommy says...she thinks its a book and she loves books!

 Just what she asked for...a baby doll!

Tucking her baby into her new sleeping bag...and then she asked me to baby-sit her baby...too cute! 

Working on her new puzzle from Uncle Brandon and Aunt Jana with Uncle Brian.

And one shot of Coley Boy!


I want to end this post and this week with some last thoughts.  This week was interesting in many ways.  Some of which I will not be sharing but some of which I will.  I found out about a couple more people who are pregnant.  Makes me wish I was one of them. 

I received an email from someone suffering with infertility (and suffering is putting it vaguely).  I think two of the worst things in life are dealing with infertility and losing a child(ren).  When I hear about a couple dealing with infertility my heart breaks.  It is such a long and hard road.  One that unless you have dealt with infertility yourself (or if someone really close to you has) is hard to understand.

I also heard this week of someone who has dealt with infertility for years, finally got pregnant, and just lost their baby.  Words don't even begin to describe the ache I feel for them. 

I have had some really good conversations this week.  One of my closest coworkers came back from maternity this week.  Her daughter and Alayna were born on the same day.  I was very nervous about how the first encounter would go.  But I am glad to say it went great.  She was so sensitive and for that I am very thankful.  So that means 3 of my coworkers who had babies around the time I had the girls are back to work and 2 more are yet to come. 

As September ends I am nearing closer to my expected due date which means that all those who were due around me are just getting ready to have their babies.  Praying for God's surpassing peace because I have not been looking forward to the months of October and November and now they are just around the corner.

I also had a great conversation with my hair stylist and one of her clients this week.  This particular client has also gone through IVF.  I am thankful that this client scheduled her hair to be done on the same night that I did.  It was a God thing for sure!  We chatted for over 2 hours and they renewed my spirit and hopes!  God always gives just what you need when you need it most.           

And the last thing I want to share is a story.  One of my patients asked me this week how old I was.  I told him that I was 27 years old.  He then asked if that meant that I was married.  I said well I am but age doesn't really matter.  Then he asked if that meant that I had kids.  I looked at him and said well I have two little girls in heaven.  He asked me why they were in heaven.  And I said well they were born at 21 and 22 weeks and were too little to survive.  He looked at me and said that is really sad...

Yes it is.

My hope comes from him.  Psalm 62:5

No comments:

Post a Comment