Monday, September 27, 2010

Go Away Bad Days

I'm having a bad little stretch and chalking it up to the fact that in just 2 short weeks my precious bundles of love should have been born.  Which also means that in just 5 short weeks their due date will hit me square in the face.  Lately, I have been having lots of "poor me moments."  I am trying so hard to be strong but right now I am feeling so very weak.  I am tired.  I am sad.  But as my hubby told me today, "We've been bucked off the bull but we need to get back on."  So trying my best to hold it all together.

I was talking to my mom today and she said that she had received a package in the mail.  So I stopped by my parents house to pick it up.  It was from some of my parent's friends from McBain.  There was a letter addressed to my mom that explained that this package was actually from a lady in their church.  Brian and I's names were mentioned in their church to be remembered in prayer.  This lady had lost 2 children over 25 years ago and she felt it in her heart to send us a gift.  This gift came in the form of 3 letters and 3 journals.  The first letter was to both Brian and I, the second letter to me, and the third letter to Brian.  Her thoughtfulness came on a day that I needed encouragement like none other.  One line from her letter (to me) said,  "For me it was feeling like I was being sucked into a black pit of tar and my heart didn't want to work and I cried."  And to be honest some days that line describes me.  But just like her I plan to push through the black pit of tar and see the light at the other end.

The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust.
Psalm 18:2

1 comment:

  1. I am with ya on the bad stretch...the end of the month is always so heavy, remembering the exact times and days Jay and Morgan were born...all the memories made in a blink of and eye and how tightly we hold on to those.
    I remember when Alayna and Ella were born, praying that God would hold your heart and catch the endless flow of tears. I remember when we met, instant friends because of our precious twins. The Fab Four made sure their mommas would have someone to lean on, to cry to. God has blessed us in so many ways, with our friendship, our husbands, but mostly our precious twins.

    Hugs from here and above,
    Kami

    ReplyDelete