Monday, September 6, 2010

Happy Labor Day!

Whoa I cannot believe its been one week since I last posted. I had to work three 12's in a row last week (being Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday) and then we left on Thursday for a 4 day vacation to my family's cabin in the Upper Peninsula with my whole family. And then Brian and I drove home yesterday so I could work another 12 today. But more on our vacation in another post. The one thing that I did want to share was that on Saturday night I realized I had not cried since the previous Sunday and that thought alone broke the dam. Although it was nice to be distracted (by work and vacation) and to not cry for that long of a stretch once the tears came...they couldn't be stopped. I think what really got to me was the fact that I should not have been at the cabin this year. It's a family ritual to spend Labor Day at our cabin and since this year I was going to be 32 weeks pregos we had decided to stay home. And the second thing that might have instigated the tears was watching my beautiful nieces and one of my nephews running around and chasing each other just laughing and giggling. I kept thinking that the girls should be laughing and giggling with them next year. They would have been 11 months old. They would have been a handful but I would have enjoyed every minute of it.  But like I have said before and I will say it again.  I serve a faithful God and he has brought healing...

Healing Hand of God

I have seen the many faces of fear and of pain
I have watched the tears fall plenty from heartache and strain
So if life's journey has you weary and afraid
There's rest in the shadow of His wings

I have walked through the valleys, the mountains, and plains
I have held the hand of freedom that washes all my stains
If you feel weight of many trials and burdens from this world
There's freedom in the shelter of the Lord

And I have seen the healing hand of God
Reaching out and mending broken hearts
Taste and see the fullness of His peace
And hold on to what's being held out
The healing hand of God

And I have touched the scars upon His hands to see if they were real
He has walked the road before me, he knows just how I feel
When you feel that there's not anyone, who understands your pain
Just remember all of Jesus's suffering

'Cause I have seen the healing hand of God
Reaching out and mending broken hearts
Taste and see the fullness of His peace
And hold on to what's being held out

Cast all your cares on Him for He cares for you
He's near to the broken and confused
By His stripes our spirit is renewed
So enter in the joy prepared for you

I have seen the healing hand of God
Reaching out and mending broken hearts
Taste and see the fullness of His peace
And hold on to what's being held out

The healing hand of God
The healing hand of God
The healing hand of God

And hold on to what's being held out
And hold on to what's being held out
The healing hand of God, oh, oh

(By Jeremy Camp)

But I am tired and just want to post what I've got so I that's what I am going to do.  Hope everyone had a great Labor Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment