Tuesday, September 7, 2010

In Christ Alone

Two months ago Brian and I buried the loves of our lives.  It feels like forever ago yet at the same time it seems like just yesterday.  Time moves fast.  And time moves slow.  Dynamite has torn at our very heart, and pickaxes have broken and split us into pieces (Streams in the Desert).  But God is building us back up!!!  He is continually reshaping us.  He is putting the broken pieces back together.  And even though there will always be "some missing pieces" through Christ we have been given the strength to move forward with Alayna and Ella in our hearts. 

Paul says in 2 Cor. 12:8-10, "Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me.  But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."  Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.  That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties.  For when I am weak, then I am strong." 

And the side note in my Bible explains what Paul is saying perfectly.  In the midst of trials and suffering we may feel that God is not working things out like we think he should.  Paul realized that often the Lord does not "fix" situations, because through our pain we see him work a better plan.  Not only can he sustain us, but his power can be more clearly demonstrated in our weakness.  If we are willing to submit to his plans, then we can see the Lord accomplish even greater things than we could do in our own strength.

And I need that strength more than ever today.  Brian and I have been trying to pick out the girls headstone for weeks now and we are hoping that today is finally the day to order that precious rock.  The reminder that our girls were born, that they lived, and that they were oh so loved.

In Christ Alone w/ The Solid Rock

In Christ alone my hope is found.
He is my light, my strength, my song.
This Cornerstone, this solid ground,
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm.

What heights of love, what depths of peace;
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease;
My Comforter, my All in All,
Here in the love of Christ I stand.

In Christ alone, who took on flesh,
Fullness of God in helpless babe.
This gift of love and righteousness,
Scorned by the ones He came to save.

‘Til on that cross as Jesus died,
The wrath of God was satisfied.
For every sin on Him was laid,
Here in the death of Christ I live.

There in the ground His body lay.
Light of the world by darkness slain.
Then bursting forth in glorious Day,
Up from the grave He rose again.

And as He stands in victory,
Sin’s curse has lost its grip on me.
For I am His and He is mine
Bought with the precious blood of Christ.

On Christ the solid Rock I stand.
All other ground is sinking sand.
All other ground is sinking sand.

On Christ the solid Rock I stand.
All other ground is sinking sand.
All other ground is sinking sand.

No guilt in life, no fear in death,
This is the power of Christ in me.
From life’s first cry to final breath,
Jesus commands my destiny.

No power of hell, no scheme of man,
Can ever pluck me from His hand.
‘Til He returns or calls me home,
Here in the power of Christ I’ll stand

God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble. Psalm 46:1.

No comments:

Post a Comment