Thursday, September 16, 2010

Thankful

I love fall.  I love everything about fall.  Well my hubby could be a lil less obsessed with hunting and football.  But other than that...fall is something to love!  And thats a good thing since fall is in the air!  I was especially looking forward to this particular fall.  This fall my dream of being a mother was going to be fulfilled.  But things happened as we all know and I became a mother much too soon.  So yes this fall will be unlike any other.  Just not in the way I had imagined.

Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and
wait for the LORD. 
Psalm 27:14

I was planning on really enjoying this fall but now I am back to work.  And back to work fulltime at that.  At first I was really depressed when I was back at work fulltime but praise God that that sadness has lifted.  And instead of dreading work I have now come to kind of enjoy it.  It gets my mind off what I'm always thinking about.  My daily thoughts are consumed by the girls and what the future holds.  And I like to worry here and there about what exactly the future holds.  But at work my focus is on caring for and helping others.  Not that I don't talk about the girls to anyone and everyone who asks and who will listen but its not consuming like when I am alone.  So tonight I am thankful that God has blessed me with a job that I love.  Something to fill my time until something better comes along...

Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and
wait for the LORD.
Psalm 27:14

2 comments:

  1. I bet you are an amazing nurse! Those kids are so lucky to have you! Waiting stinks!!!
    xoxo Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. And something will come along that is WAY better. Alayna and Ella are so proud of their mommy!

    Hugs,
    Kami

    ReplyDelete