Friday, October 22, 2010

30 Day Blog Challenge...Days 1-3

I love reading blogs.  You could say it's a new hobby of mine!  I love finding new blogs to read through other blogs and I came across the 30 Day Blog Challenge on Katie's Life Journal as I was "blog stalking" and I decided that even though everyone is on day 12 I would join in and try to catch up.  So here I go with days 1-3...
  
Day 1: Introduce Self (include a Recent Picture) and15 Facts About Me

My name is Lindsey Joy and I am 27 years old.  I am married to the love of my life (Brian) and we have 2 beautiful Angel daughters (Alayna Joy and Ella Adrianna).  I went into premature labor at 20 weeks this past June and my loss was Heavens gain.  My 2 beautiful Angels were born on June 24 and June 30.  I have the most amazing and supportive family and I am oh so thankful for them.  Most importantly, I am a child of God and nothing is more important in my life then living for Him.  I am a Pediatric nurse (going on 4.5 years) and I love my job because (a) I love kids and (b) I love my coworkers!  If you want to know more about me...follow me on this 30 day journey!

  
15 Fun Facts
one. i am allergic to animal dander, dust, mold, pollen, smoke, grass.  you name it pry allergic to it. just thankful i'm not severely allergic to any of the above.
two. i have webbed toes on both feet. (weird i know...) 
three. my most favorite thing to do is SLEEP.  that's right folks i love myself some shut eye!
four. i cannot wait to be pregnant again.  and the Good Lord-willing to take baby Hemy #3 HOME. i was born to be a mommy.
five. i am obsessed with my nieces and nephews.  i love them TO DEATH.  and i am so thankful for them because they are my medicine when i am feeling sad.
six. i think everyone needs a sister.  i don't know where i would
be without mine.
seven. i've torn both my ACLs while playing soccer.  which happens to be pretty much the best sport ever.
eight. i love and i mean really love everything about fall (and was so excited that my baby girls were going to be born in October).
nine. if you can't find me in the summer i am most likely lounging in my sister's pool...definitely the best summer activity.  although i do enjoy picky weeds too! 
ten. i love to read.  karen kingsbury is my fave author.  i have read every single book that she has written.  and since i am not the most patient person i buy her books instead of putting them on hold at the library.
eleven. i am obsessed with my Streams in the Desert Devotional (and i recommend it to any and all who
are struggling with something big or small).  it gives me the strength to keep moving forward one step at a time.
twelve. i am learning how to be patient.  and my Father is slowly teaching me what it means to trust in Him 100%.  i am so thankful that i am a child of God.  He knows i will fail again and again but He loves me and forgives me again and again.
thirteen. i love to shop.  and can roam the floors of Hobby Lobby for hours and hours on end.
fourteen. i love food.  but i am a super picky eater.
fifteen. i hurt for those struggling to have children. my hubby and i conceived our daughters through IVF and we'll be back on that journey soon.  its stressful and anxiety producing...but every shot was (and will be) worth it. like i said before i want to be a mommy more than anything else.  


Day 2: Meaning Behind My Blog Name

This one is easy.  My girls.  From the moment I learned that I was dilated I started praying and haven't stopped since.  My blog was created because I needed an outlet (a way to journal and connect with others) after losing my girls and so my hubby helped me create Pray without Ceasing!  Best outlet ever. 

Day 3: Your First Love

This one is easy too.  My husband.
 
***I know most people answer Jesus on this one but I went with my first human love.*** 

I didn't date a whole lot but enough to know that Brian was the one very early on (in our dating days).  Here is our story.  Brian started hanging out with my oldest brother in 1997 (around their 21st birthdays).  At this point I was still in middle school.  Doing the math yet?  Brian is about 8 years older than me.  He was like a brother in those early days.  Always hanging around my house.  What changed?  Well my brother got married in 2003 and I didn't see Brian as much.  During my junior year of college my sister started saying I should date Brian.  I said NO WAY for the next 3 years.  Told her if she thought he was so great then she should date him.  (But she was already with her hubby during her "trying to hook me up with Brian days").  I thought he was too short (which he isn't), didn't like the fact that he was an only child (has its perks), and to be very honest his cancer history scared me (since I wanted to be a mom in the worst way) but none of that mattered after Labor Day '07.  Every year my whole family goes up to our cabin in the UP over Labor Day weekend (plus Brian).  A lot of flirting happened that weekend.  And a couple of weeks later (thanks to my bro-in-law), Brian and I went on our first date.  We said I love you early December.  Went ring shopping end of December.  Got engaged January 10, 2008.  And I married the love of my life during a blizzard on December 6, 2008!

2 comments:

  1. I loved reading this! You crack me up! :) Your girls have such a fun mommy!
    You and Brian fit so well together. Perfect math fo' sho!

    Hugs and lots of 'em!
    ~Kami

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!! what a fun idea!! We have so much in common!!! I'm not surprised at all because I love how God works that way :)...John and I are 9 years apart, he thought i was older and i thought he was younger on our first date..now people are shocked when they find out...darn asian genes..they dont age :) Can't wait to follow more of your blog challenge!

    ReplyDelete