Monday, October 25, 2010

30 Day Blog Challenge...Days 10-12

I had to work ALL weekend and for some reason I felt the need to be cranky...it all started Saturday when I got home from work.  I was fine Friday night and then Saturday I just "felt" like being mad at something or someone...and the hubby was my target.  And then I read this Saturday night... 

If only we had the faith not to rush into things but to "be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him" (Ps 37:7)--waiting for His full explanation that will not be revealed until Jesus Christ comes again! When has God ever taken anything from a person without restoring it many times over?  Yet what are we to think if He does not immediately restore what has been taken? Is today His only day to work? Does He have any concerns beyond this little world of ours? Can He still work beyond our death, or does the door of the grave open on nothing but infinite darkness and eternal silence?

Even if we confine our thinking to this life, it is true that God never touches the heart with a trial without intending to bestow a greater gift or compassionate blessing. The person who knows how to wait has grown to an exceptional degree in God's grace. (Streams in the Desert)

Since the loss of Alayna and Ella I always say that the first thing I want to ask Jesus when I get to Heaven is WHY?  Why our precious babies WHO WERE SOOOO WANTED.  We went through SO much to have them and we were SO excited and beyond thankful that we were being blessed by God to raise two children for Him.  And then I sat back and thought this isn't the end for us.  He has big things in store and I need to sit back and just believe that He will restore blessings to us many times over.  My friend gave me a beautiful card the other day and in it she wrote something that touched my heart tremendously.  "God rewards those who are faithful to Him."  And praise be to God that we have not lost our faith.  We have only grown closer to Him these last few months.  God never said He was going to give us a free ride.  We will (and have) encountered numerous bumps in this life but in the end He is and always will be RIGHT THERE FOR US!  Our salvation comes through Him and we must wait patiently on Him to receive His incredible blessings and gracious gifts.

And now on to the 30 Day Blog Challenge...  

Day 10: Something You're Afraid Of

I am afraid that I will never be a mother again.

I am afraid of losing the ones I love the most.

I am afraid of losing another child.

I am afraid of sadness.

And on different note...

I am afraid of small creatures (spiders, snakes, rats, etc).

I am afraid of scary movies and haunted houses.

I am now afraid of doctor appointments.

and

I am afraid of heights.

Day 11: Favorite TV Shows

Thankfully a thing called DVR was invented.  Without it I wouldn't watch much television.  But in no particular order I enjoy the following shows...
Grey's Anatomy

Survivor

Big Bang Theory

Two and A Half Men

CSI (Las Vegas, New York, and Miami)

Desperate Housewives

Man Woman vs Wild

and thinking I need to get into Glee and Modern Family!!!

and a fave from way back...

90210

Day 12: What You Believe

I believe that I am Child of God.
and that He has the most perfect plan in store for my life.
I believe (and in contradiction to what I am afraid of)...
that I will be a mother again someday.
I believe Aquaphor is chapstick and
that its okay to apply it a million times a day.
I believe in shopping.
I believe that I am addicted to blogging.
I believe in a good book.
I believe in sunny days and summer nights.
I believe in fall and football season.
I believe in Christmas (the birth of our Savior)!
I believe in friendships.
I believe that my girls are resting safely in my Heavenly Father's arms.
I believe in marriage.
I believe in good ole Country Music.
I believe in flowers.
I believe in sisters and moms.
I believe that my nieces and nephews are great medicine.
I believe in the Bible
I believe that I have the BEST husband in THE WORLD.

2 comments:

  1. All I can say girl is, you and me!
    Prayers have never stopped for you and Brian and they never will.

    Hugs,
    Kami

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to hear you say that you sometimes aren't nice to your husband...not that I don't like Brian. Hehe. But, I have really struggled with this. My husband and I go through really high highs and sometimes low lows. I know we need to be united and, of course, we've gone through something that only each other could understand. But, it's hard too. I'm angry and sometimes he's the one there. =) I'm glad to hear I'm normal.

    ReplyDelete