Tuesday, October 26, 2010

30 Day Blog Challenge...Days 13-15

I mentioned yesterday how I was so cranky this past weekend. Part of the reason I was so cranky was because my whole family got together for dinner on Sunday EXCEPT ME. If you know me, you know I don't like to be left out of family things but I realize that I work every third Sunday and that this happens sometimes. Normally it doesn't upset me so much but this weekend it did. On Sunday I totally could have stayed home on an LOS (meaning we have few patients and extra staff so I could use my PTO to cover the 12 hours that I wouldn't work). But because of all the unknowns with fertility and the random time off that I know I'll need, I don't want to waste any PTO. So this meant I had to work on Sunday. But then my thought pattern goes to the fact that I should be on maternity leave taking care of my girls and not worrying about PTO and just enjoying Sunday dinner with the family. So I go to the only place that calms me.

This was from our devotional reading on Sunday (it once again encouraged me) and it once again served to remind me that God rewards those who are faithful to Him.  We need to suffer to gain.  And we need to be totally dependant on Him so we can fully grasp His infinite LOVE for us.

I will make you into a threshing sledge, new and sharp. (Isaiah 41:15)

Around the turn of the twentieth century, a bar of steel was worth about $5.  Yet when forged into horseshoes, it was worth $10; when made into needles, its value was $350; when used to make small pocketknife blades, its worth was $32,000; when made into springs for watches, its value increased to $250,000. What a pounding the steel bar had to endure to be worth this much! But the more it was shaped, hammered, put through fire, beaten, pounded, and polished, the greater its value.

May we use this analogy as a reminder to be still, silent, and long-suffering, for it is those who suffer the most who yield the most. And it is through pain that God gets the most out of us, for His glory and for the blessings of others. (Streams in the Desert)

And back to the 30 Day Blog Challenge...

Day 13: Goals

To read the Bible in its entirety...
(in progress)!

To start exercising...
(at least 3 times/week).

To make dinners...
(at least 3 times/week).

To mow the lawn...
(sorry hubby this is a long term goal).

To strengthen my relationship with Christ.
and to wait patiently on my Father.

Day 14: A picture(s) you love

I am limited to the photos currently on my computer because I am too lazy to download others...

Me and my niece Kylynn (summer '09)


My and my niece Cambrey (fall '10)

Me and my niece Addisyn (spring '09)

Me and my nephews Cole and Easton (fall'10)

Our last family (of six) picture

self-explanatory!!!

I am officially an RN

My FOREVER Love

We DO...12/6/08

AND OF COURSE THESE LITTLE GIRLS...

 my Alayna girl (above) and Ella girl (below)

Day 15: A Bible Verse

My favorite Bible verse is one I have clung to for a very long time.  It has been a favorite since high school and it has helped me through all the unknowns of this life.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

This verse really helped me when all my friends were either married or getting engaged.  There were days when I never thought I would meet my Prince Charming but I knew (and trusted amongst many tears) that God had a plan.  And he most certainly did.  He met my wish beyond all my imaginable dreams.  He always knows what He is doing.  And that is why I still cling to His promise to prosper me and not to harm me.  To give me hope and a future (and to be HAPPY and I mean REALLY happy again)!

And 2 more that I wanted to share...

"The LORD will work out His plans for my life--for Your faithful love, O LORD, endures forever. Don't abandon me, for You made me ."Psalm 138:8
and
"But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day." Habakkuk 2:3

See a pattern between the 3?  It's all according to God's perfect...plan!

1 comment:

  1. I love those verses! So true and so much promise He holds for our lives.
    And your sweet lil girls...too precious for words.

    Hugs from here and above!

    ReplyDelete