Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween and 30 D.B.C...Day 21

Last night was a bit bittersweet (again).  Unfortunately for us...our life is all about bittersweet moments.  Sweet because I love being with my family but bitter because it was suppose to be the girls first big family function.  I had plans of dressing them in little pumpkin onsies but I guess they got to be angels instead.  But right before we left for my parent's house we did our devotions for the day and the words were just what I needed to hear...

There is another kind of patience that I believe is harder to obtain--the patience that runs.  Lying down during a time of grief, or being quiet after a financial setback, certainly implies great strength, but I know of something that suggests even greater strength--the power to continue working after a setback, the power to still run with a heavy heart, and the power to perform your daily tasks with deep sorrow in your spirit.  This is a Christlike thing!

Many of us could tearlessly deal with our grief if only we were allowed to do so in private.  Yet what is so difficult is that most of us are called to exercise our patience not in bed but in the open street, for all to see.  We are called upon to bury our sorrows not in restful inactivity but in active service--in our workplace, while shopping, and during social events--contributing to other people's joy.  No other way of burying our sorrow is as difficult as this, for it is truly what is meant by running "with patience." (Streams in the Desert)

Patience that runs is definitely a work in progress for me.  But for the most part I feel like I am doing fairly well.  I know what I can and what I cannot handle.  And everyday it seems to me that I can handle just a little bit more.

Here are a couple of cute Halloween pics...

the kitty and a princess
cute lil dutch boy
Aunt Courtney with another princess
Papa and the skunk

Day 21: Picture of Yourself
or two or three...

Taken within the first few days of life

3 year old portrait

Elementary days (with my puppy dog Webber)

Junior year prom

The Grand Canyon October 2007

Shootin like a pro...Labor Day 2008

Wedding Day...December 2008

15 weeks pregos...May 2010!
(and can't wait to be there again)

And to end with a verse..a very special verse.  And this verse just so happened to be a part of my devotional reading from today.  But this verse was the first verse our Pastor shared with us on the eve of June 15th.  When words were few His Word said it best...

In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness.  We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will.
Romans 8:26-27

1 comment:

  1. I look at your last picture of Alayna and Ella safe in their momma's belly and it brings all the joy and deep sorrow back.
    We WILL be there again friend!

    Hugs from here and above,
    Kami

    ReplyDelete