Monday, October 11, 2010

Here's To Another New Day

I was looking at my mom's camera the other day and came across a couple of pictures that I wanted to share.  These photos were taken the day of the girl's burial (7/7/10).  Boy was it good to be surrounded by family on that bittersweet day.  Bitter because I no longer had my girls but sweet because they were resting safely in the arms of Jesus.  On two side notes...don't know how I smiled that day and look at how LONG my hair was...

(From left to right: my brother-in-law Jason, in-laws, brother Jason, sister-in-law Kristi, Laura, Steve, Brian, and myself...one half of the table).

(Again left to right: the other half of the table...me (again), my dad, my mom was taking the picture, my grandpa, my sister-in-law Jana, brother Brandon, sister Courtney, and brother-in-law Jason (again)...and the MIL's head).

I will always treasure these pictures.  Simple snapshots.  Nothing professional.  But perfect.  They signify the support of loved ones.  And it was because of their love and support that we were able to get through the first few days and weeks after losing the girls.  And their support is still getting us through.  But please be saying extra prayers for us this week because this week SHOULD have been the best week of my life.  This is the week the girls SHOULD have been born.  On Thursday of this week I would have been 37 weeks pregnant.  And my doctor was going to induce me on either October 14 or 15.  I am working on the 14th but hanging out with my mom on the 15th.  Hoping I make it through with all the prayers, support, and of course through the help of my Heavenly Father.  Thank you so much for your never-ending love and support as we continue on this difficult journey we call life.

And another snippet from our daily devotional...

Above all, remember--when God hides His face from you, do not say that He has forgotten you.  He is simply waiting for a little while to make you love Him more.  And once He comes, you will rejoice with the inexpressible "joy of the LORD" (Neh 8:10).  Waiting on Him exercises your gift of grace and tests your faith.  Therefore continue to wait in hope, for although the promise may linger, it will never come too late (Streams in the Desert).

And had to share these too...

Hopefully someday I will have a picture like this with my own children...
(Labor Day Weekend 2010)

How they grow in a year...Labor Day Weekend 09.

Happy Birthday to Cambrey!!!
(Jana, Me, Brandon, Cole and Cambrey...September 2010)

Have I not commanded you?  Be strong and courageous.  Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.  Joshua 1:9

3 comments:

  1. Great post Linds, we will be praying for you during this week and through the days, weeks, and months ahead. Praying that happy days are around the corner for you. Love the pic from last year at the cabin, easton is wearing that shirt today, kinda funny you posted that. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think its amazing that we both posted the same devotion! God is so faithful to hear our hearts cry and to meet us in our deepest need. Praying for you this week, I can't even begin to imagine how hard it will be but I do know the one that will carry you through it.
    ~ loving my streams in the desert too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend "Mrs. Howard" has mentioned you, and I have been following your blog. So sorry about the loss of your daughters, what beautiful girls they are. I will be praying for you this week. I know how hard the due date coming and going with no baby is. You 4 are in my thoughts.
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete