Thursday, October 21, 2010

More of Thursdays Thoughts

And last to come...the GOOD! Since my bad day on Sunday I have had a very good week! I have been staying really busy these last few days. And staying busy is a very good thing for me.  Another thing that has made my week is the thoughtfulness of all of YOU!  The emails and cards of support have kept me strong this week...oh and the cookies from my friend Katie in Texas gave me my chocolate fix!  But seriously your kinds words have given me the strength that I so desperately needed this week. 

Another reason for my good week...my Beth Moore Bible Study.  And even though I've only completed lesson one I can already feel God calling out to me. Calling me to have complete faith in Him. I get so anxious about the future (implantation in particular) and I don't want to live in a constant state of worry.  So tonight and every night I will be asking God to increase my faith.  This will be my constant prayer because faith pleases God.  But trusting God completely and placing all my faith in Him is HARD work.  VERY HARD work.  Some days it seems like too much and I just want to give up.  But I will keep fighting because "the more we believe God, the more we are likely to see and experience His intervening power" (Beth Moore).  And the God I serve wants to shower an abundance of blessings on His children.  And I just so happen to be one of His! 

Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed and so became the father of many nations, just as it had been said to him, "So shall your offspring be." Without weakening in his faith, he faced the fact that his body was as good as dead—since he was about a hundred years old—and that Sarah's womb was also dead. Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised. Romans 4:18-21

Some of my favorite FAITH verses...

In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Ephesians 6:16

And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him. Hebrews 11:6

I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you. Matthew 17:20-21

1 comment:

  1. How funny! I just wrote the same thing about how being busy is good for me right now! =)

    ReplyDelete