Saturday, October 16, 2010

Living Life

So Friday night we did a whole lot of nothing.  But in the whole lot of nothing there was one BIG thing that we did do (and will do every October 15th).  We spent the night remembering our daughters.  Remembering their short little but profoundly impacting lives...

In loving memory of Alayna Joy and Ella Adrianna Helmholdt
and all the other babies who died too soon.

Brian and I with our remembrance candles.

Thank you to my sister-in-law (and to my nieces Kylynn and Addi) for the perfect pink gerbera daisy flowers in honor of Alayna and Ella. 

Since the hubby wanted to go hunting this morning and since I like to stay busy (and not be alone) on Saturday mornings I made plans with my mom and sister.  We decided to go to the Post Family Farm for some fall fun with the kiddo's!  We had a great time going for tractor hayrides, horsie hayrides, barrel rides, seeing the barn animals, eating pumpkin donuts and apple cider, getting the kiddo's faces painted, walking through a corn maze, and picking out some pumpkins in the pumpkin patch.  I picked out two little pumpkins for my two pumpkins in heaven!  Cambrey had so much fun and she kept saying that she didn't want to leave.  But there is always next year...

Court with Cole and my mom with Cambrey at the start of the maze.

All five of us squatting for a picture in the pumpkin patch!

Sis with Alayna and Ella's pumpkins.

Going for a barrel ride!

This is sooo much fun!

Peek-a-boo

Cambrey the little kitty cat...

and my painted A and E pumpkins!!!

Next on the agenda for the day was lunch with our friends Rob and Kami.  Brian picked me up from Post Family Farm and we headed out to Coopersville to enjoy us some grub at Champs Bar and Grill.  And now we're relaxing on the couch watching the Michigan game.  Hoping for a better outcome than last week (although they are not off to a great start)!  And now hoping to get me some energy to make some pumpkin bars and blueberry muffins!!! 

The LORD is my light and my salvation-whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life-of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1

1 comment:

  1. Always so nice to see you and Brian. Hope you enjoyed the food at good 'ole Champs!
    Love the flowers and burning candles. So precious.
    Your A and E pumpkins are adorable. Will be doing the same soon! Right now, watching Michigan and becoming very agitated!

    Hugs and hearts friend!

    ReplyDelete