Thursday, October 21, 2010

Thursdays Thoughts

So many thoughts running through this head of mine.  But what thought to I start with.  Do I start with the sad, the good, or the funny...

I guess I will start with the sad (to get it over with).  One year ago from yesterday Brian and I went to our first infertility appointment.  After months of trying with no success we decided to see what the problem was.  I was hoping that everything would be fine and that I just needed to be more patient.  We met with Dr. L and he said that with Brian's history it would be important for us to do a little test (we'll just call it an S.A.).  We then set up another appointment on November 3 to find out the results.  So we had two weeks to get the test done.  Well November 3 came and with it an end to all my hoping.  Our worst suspicions were confirmed.  We had about a 1% chance of conceiving on our own.  Dr. L then referred us to Dr. D (who is now my wonderful fertility doctor).  I thought it was a God thing (and still do) that we could get an appointment the following morning (November 4) at 8am because just a few short weeks later we were given our due date for the girls...November 4, 2010.  I said to Brian we're going to go from the worst November 4 to THE BEST November 4!!!  Little did I know that November 4, 2010 would be much MUCH WORSE...

So yesterday with that date on my mind I started thinking about the girls.  I thought about the time my mom and I did a little garage sale shopping for the twinners (as they were known back then).  We picked up some cute little trinkets.  I thought about the time we went to Kohl's and picked up gifts for ALL seven of the grand kid's Easter baskets.  I forget what we picked out for the girls but they would have been about 6 months old this Easter.  I thought about the time we stopped at Baby's R Us just to look around.  Or the time we stopped at Toy's R Us and picked up a play mat for the girls for my mom to give to me at a shower.  It was so big we figured both babies would fit under it together (or they would just have to learn to share).  I thought about the wagon that is sitting in my parent's basement...it was suppose to be one of the girl's Christmas presents.  And now it just sits.  Everything just sits.  Not to be given for a baby shower.  Not to be given for Christmas.  And not to be given for Easter.  It makes me sad.   REALLY sad...

Next to come...the funny.  So last night my friend Jenny came to pick me up for Bible Study.  I set our alarm and went out through the garage door.  I went to the keypad to shut the garage door but it WOULD NOT go down.   So I went back into the garage to shut the door and then went out the side door of our garage.  And we were on our way.  Well Brian (who is hunting) calls me a few minutes later.  I answered but nothing came from the other end so I hung up.  I thought that maybe he had bumped his call back button.  But a few seconds later I get a text that says CALL ME NOW.  So I called him and he said did you set off the alarm?  I said no I just went out the door off the garage because the keypad wouldn't work for me.  And he said you can't go out that door when you set the alarm.  Whoops...  Gets even better because then he says great the police are already on the way to our house.  We hang up and he says he will deal with it (remember he's still hunting which means still sitting in his tree stand).  So the police arrived at our house and so did my father-in-law (who Brian had called).  Then our neighbor texted Brian (still in tree stand) to see if everything was okay.  Brian texted back the wife is abusing me...had to call the police.  Thanks a lot babe!  And as you can imagine the hubby didn't see a deer last night.  And for the life of me I cannot imagine why...

Oops I have to cut this short because I have to finish getting ready for work and be out the door in a few but stay tuned for the GOOD thoughts cause they will be posted later tonight!  Happy day until then my friends...

Do not grieve, for the joy of the LORD is your strength. Nehemiah 8:10

1 comment:

  1. The sitting of all of our twins' "stuff" hurts, what was supposed to be and all that we were looking forward to.
    I can't believe how much we are alike! The alarm thing is totally something I would have done! :)
    Hugs from your baby girls and me too!

    ReplyDelete