Sunday, November 21, 2010

Better Day/Patience/Name Gallery #3

We sang two songs in church today that really reminded me to sing His praises...rain or shine.  Yes, I had a rough day yesterday but today is a better day.  (Thank you Jesus)!!!  But good day or bad day I will always sing His praises.  Because He is (and has always been) with me (us) through these crazy last 5 months.  And so today I am very thankful to be part of such a wonderful and caring community of believers.  A place where we can worship and sing His praises!

 Blessed Be Your Name
by Matt Redman

Blessed Be Your Name
In the land that is plentiful
Where Your streams of abundance flow
Blessed be Your name

Blessed Be Your name
When I'm found in the desert place
Though I walk through the wilderness
Blessed Be Your name

Every blessing You pour out
I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say

Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name

Blessed be Your name
When the sun's shining down on me
When the world's 'all as it should be'
Blessed be Your name

Blessed be Your name
On the road marked with suffering
Though there's pain in the offering
Blessed be Your name

Every blessing You pour out
I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say

Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name

You give and take away
You give and take away
My heart will choose to say
Lord, blessed be Your name

AND...

You Never Let Go
by Matt Redman

Even though I walk through the valley
of the shadow of death
Your perfect love is casting out fear
And even when I'm caught in the
middle of the storms of this life
I won't turn back
I know you are near

And I will fear no evil
For my God is with me
And if my God is with me
Whom then shall I fear?
Whom then shall I fear?

Oh no, You never let go
Through the calm and through the storm
Oh no, You never let go
In every high and every low
Oh no, You never let go
Lord, You never let go of me

And I can see a light that is coming for
the heart that holds on
A glorious light beyond all compare
And there will be an end to these troubles
But until that day comes
We'll live to know You here on the earth

Yes, I can see a light that is coming for
the heart that holds on
And there will be an end to these troubles
But until that day comes
Still I will praise You, still I will praise You

I think part of the reason I went off the "deep end" yesterday was because I spent 12 long hours (on Friday) working besides a soon-to-be momma.  And Kate if you're reading this I love ya and don't take anything personally.  But she is due this coming week and is having lots of aches and pains.  So it was hard to work 12 hours with someone who is very pregnant, very uncomfortable, and who is being asked by everybody how she's feeling.  So when the doctor appointment didn't go as expected...my emotions got the best of me and I just lost it.  But like I said yesterday...such it is living with infertility (and grief)...you never know when the bomb is going to hit.

But once again Streams in the Desert came through.  God must have known that I would really need to be reminded this week to wait [patiently] on Him...

Wait in prayer.  Call upon God and plead your case before Him, telling Him of your difficulty and reminding Him of His promise to help.

Wait in faith.  Express your unwavering confidence in Him.  And believe that even if He keeps you waiting until midnight, He will come at the right time to fulfill His vision for you.

Wait in quiet patience.  Never complain about what you believe to be the cause of your problems, as the children of Israel did against Moses.  Accept your situation exactly as it is and then simply place it with your whole heart into the hand of your covenant God. And while removing any self-will, say to Him, "Lord, 'Not my will, but yours be done' (Luke 22:42). I do not know what to do, and I am in great need.  But I will wait until You divide the flood before me or drive back my enemies. I will wait even if you keep me here many days, for my heart is fixed on You alone, dear Lord...

God keeps telling us to wait.  So as patiently as I can...I will wait!

Well most of the decorations made it up last night (except the tree) so now it's time to rearrange the furniture to make the tree fit...pictures to come later!!!

But one last thing to share (sorry this post is a wee bit loooong)...more name pictures to add to my gallery.  As in the theme of patience (which I have very little of) I can never wait to post these "make me happy pictures" of my little beauties names!

And a big thanks to my sis-in-law Kristi for the sweet pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment