Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Hanging On to Him

Hope Now
by Addison Road

If everything comes down to love
Then just what am I afraid of
When I call out Your name
Something inside awakes in my soul
How quickly I forget I'm Yours

I'm not my own
I've been carried by You
All my life

Everything rides on hope now
Everything rides on faith somehow
When the world has broken me down
Your love sets me free

When my life is like a storm
Rising waters all I want is the shore
You say I'll be ok
Make it through the rain
You are my shelter my from the storm

Everything rides on hope now
Everything rides on faith somehow
When the world has broken me down
Your love sets me free

I am not my own
I've been carried by you
all my life

You've become my hearts desire
I will sing Your praises higher
Cause Your love sets me free
Your love sets me free
Your love sets me free

I saw this song on someone else's blog and loved the words so I wanted to post it for you all to read.  He is my shelter in this storm and I hope He is yours too if your going through a tough time!

Today has been a good day.  Actually this week (thus far) has been a good week.  Sunday was church, lunch with the in-law's, and lots of relaxing (and we finished setting up the Christmas decorations).  Monday was a (good) doctor appointment and work and Tuesday was more work.  The only part that set me back a little was yesterday when we were admitting a 5 week old baby girl.  I came into the room to help and then something was said about her being a twin (and that the other twin was also a girl)...at that I just walked out of the room.  Everyone asked if I was okay and I was but it just made me sad.  Sad at all I have lost.  But then today I actually slept in until 8:45 (which is sleeping in for me) and made some breakfast for Brian and I (some simple cinnamon rolls).  Then we went to see the newest Harry Potter movie (soooo good) and ran some errands (not as much fun with last minute shoppers).  Now we're relaxing until we head to our Thanksgiving Eve church service and to some friend's house for a little get together.

My devotions from the past week have really made me think about our future.  And I have come to this conclusion.  I know that I will be a momma again and Brian a daddy.  I fully believe this.  I know longer worry about this.  But the waiting for it to happen is what is so hard.  Living in sadness is exhausting and I just want that ray of light to appear.  Because when I am pregnant again I know that the sun will start shining!

God deals with impossibilities.  It is never too late for Him to do so, as long as that which is impossible is brought to Him in complete faith by the person whose life and circumstances would be impacted if God is to be glorified...It has often been said, and truthfully so, that Christianity is the only religion that can deal with a person's past. God "will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten" (Joel 2:25), and He is trustworthy to do it unreservedly. He does so not because of what we are but because of who He is. God forgives and heals and restores, for He is "the God of all grace" (1 Peter 5:10). May we praise Him and trust Him.

Nothing is too hard for Jesus
No man can work like Him.

We have a God who delights in impossibilities and who asks, "Is anything too hard for me?" (Jer 32:27). (Streams in the Desert).

No comments:

Post a Comment