Monday, November 15, 2010

Showin' a Little Love on Monday

Today I'm linking up with Lindsi from http://alanandlindsi.blogspot.com/...

1. What are your middle names?
 Joy and Dale

2. How long have you been together?
Together for 3 years, 2 months. Married for 1 year, 11 months.

3. How long did you know each other before you started dating?
About 10 or 11 years...

4. Who asked who out?
Brian asked me out.

5. How old are each of you?
I'm 27. Brian's 35.

6. Did you go to the same school?
We went to the same high school but we graduated 8 years apart. For college, I went to Hope College and Brian went to Davenport University.

7. Are you from the same home town?
Yes

8. Who is the smartest?
I am going to go with Lindi's exact answer on this one...  "Well, isn't this a loaded question? I'm probably more "book" smart, while he is more "street" smart. I think he would agree with that statement."

9. Who majored in what?
Brian majored in Finance and I majored in Nursing. Brian works for Steelcase, and I'm employed at Helen DeVos Children's Hospital.

10. Who is the most sensitive?
This is an easy one...ME.

11. Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple?
For our honeymoon, we flew to Riviera Maya.

12. Who has the worst temper?
Pry me...but it's hormone induced.  To be honest we're both very even tempered.

13. How many children do you want?
I use to say 3 or 4 but now I know that the better answer is however many the Lord blesses us with.  Ohhh and the hubby (in the past) would have answered 2. 

14. Who does the cooking?
Me (when I am feeling up to it).  But the hubby handles all the grilling.

15. Who is more social?
Me...hands down.  Although I am a little less so since losing the girls.  I guess you can say that I am a changed person.

16. Who is the neat freak?
ME.

17. Who is the most stubborn?
Hmmm...depends on what is at stake :) 

18. Who wakes up earlier?
Brian at 5:15am...wait a second that is when his alarm first goes off.  He actually gets up around 5:45am...

19. Where was your first date?
We ate dinner at Smoky Bones, then we went mini-golfing at Craig's Cruisers and finished with dessert at Coldstone.  And at that point it was still only 10pm so I went out on a limb and asked him if he wanted to come inside.  Good thing I did cause the hubby says if I didn't that there wouldn't have been a second date.  He would have figured that I wasn't interested.  Guess it's a good thing I did then folks!!!

20. Who has the bigger family?
Me...I am the baby of 4 and Brian is the one and only.  But if we did extended families...I would say were pretty even.

22. How do you spend the holidays?
Since I work holidays (I'm on a rotating schedule) things change from year to year.  But we are very fortunate that my family and Brian's parents all live within 10 minutes of each other (except my sis and her fam who live a whopping 25 mins away).
  
23. Who is more jealous?
 I would have to say me on this one too.  Although can I blame the hormones on this?!?!

24. How long did it take to get serious?
First date: September 21
First kiss: September 25 (2nd date)
First I Love You: December 4 (He said it first)
Ring Shopping: The week between Christmas and New Years
Engaged: January 10
So as you can see...not long at all!

25. Who eats more?
The hubby for sure. Since the girls (sorry I am a changed person so lots of "since the girls") there are days I could go without eating.  Back in the old days all I thought about was eating.  Breakfast was my favorite meal and now I can barely eat before 10am.  However I can always eat chocolate morning, noon, or night!  And the only good thing about all the stress in my life is that I can eat all the chocolate I want and not gain a pound. 

26. What do you do for a living?
I'm a Nurse and Brian is a Product Data Analyst.  Don't ask me what that means.  Just know that he is really computer smart!!!

27. Who does the laundry?
Me...I use to be really picky but now I just throw everything in together.  However, I do hang all my panties and pants to dry...(you're not that weird Lindsi)!

28. Who's better with the computer?
Brian hands down.  But to my credit he works with them all day long.

29. Who drives when you are together?
Brian (all the time)...he doesn't like my driving.  Or to be more specific he doesn't like female drivers.

30. What is your song?
We really don't have one.  Can't even remember what our first dance was...sad I know.

Man these last few days have been a blur.  I worked the whole weekend (working weekends always fly by).  And then today I filled my day up so that it would pass by quickly too.  I met my bestie for brunch at 10 at the best restaurant ever created (Panera Bread) and then headed over to my mom's house for awhile.  She was baby-sitting the Tibbe kids so I got to chat with my sis for awhile when she came to pick them up.  Then it was off to the mall to browse for Christmas ideas for the in-law's to give to me (and Brian).  Got home just in time to grab something to eat before heading to work for a meeting from 5-8.  And the rest of the evening was spent blogging and watching a movie.  Off to work in the morning with another meeting in the evening.  I have myself a busy week but I like busy weeks because then we are one week further into this journey towards a happier tomorrow.

Two little reminders that God is in control...

God knows that you can withstand your trial, or else He would not have given it to you.  His trust in you explains the trials of your life, no matter how severe they may be.  God knows your strength, and He measures it to the last inch.  Remember, no trial has ever been given to anyone that was greater than that person's strength, through God, to endure it. (Streams in the Desert).

Difficulties and obstacles are God's challenges to our faith.  When we are confronted with hindrances that block our path of service, we are to recognize them as vessels for faith and then to fill them with the fullness and complete sufficiency of Jesus.  As we move forward in faith, simply and fully trusting Him, we may be tested.  Sometimes we may have to wait and realize that "perseverance must finish its work" (James 1:4).  But ultimately we will surely find "the stone rolled away" (Luke 24:2) and the Lord Himself waiting to bestow a double blessing on us for our time of testing. (Streams in the Desert)

I will hold tight to these promises and I will stay strong (through Him).  But to be very honest I cannot wait for the stone to be rolled away...

Let us hold tightly without wavering to the hope we affirm, for God can be trusted to keep his promise. Heb. 10:23

1 comment:

  1. Loved your answers--glad I'm not the only one who refuses to dry my panties! :) Also, I could eat Panera seven days a week. I'm such a loser, I always order the same exact thing no matter how many times I've eaten there recently. Tomato Mozzerella Panini and Greek Salad!

    ReplyDelete