Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Comfort (Part 2 of 2)

HAPPY DECEMBER 1ST!!! And folks the snow has finally arrived...not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing but Christmas isn't Christmas without it!!! Today I just wanted to say that I am thankful that I made it through the end of another month. The end of each month tends to be a bit more difficult since Alayna and Ella's birthdays are on the 24th and 30th respectively but once again God has carried us through to this new month. And in continuation from yesterday's post...

2 Corinthians 1:3-7:
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. For just as we share abundantly in the sufferings of Christ, so also our comfort abounds through Christ. If we are distressed, it is for your comfort and salvation; if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which produces in you patient endurance of the same sufferings we suffer. And our hope for you is firm, because we know that just as you share in our sufferings, so also you share in our comfort.

I love love verse four. And I praise God that I have become a more compassionate person because of all I have experienced. How amazing that I will be able to comfort others because of the comfort I myself have received. And even though I am still hurting, I am thankful to be hurting safely in the arms of my Savior who wipes every tear from my eyes.

This passage is so powerful. And it has taken on a whole new meaning since June 15th. People pretend to understand our pain. People pretend to be compassionate. But absolutely NO one understands the pain of losing a child (unless you've lost a child) . And absolutely NO one understands the struggle of not being able to conceive naturally (unless you've struggled to get pregnant). And absolutely NO one understand what the dreaded 2 week wait period feels like after IVF. Add it all together and absolutely NO one understands the excruciating pain that Brian and I have lived with for the last 6 months. And I pray that very few have to experience all we have. And if you do have to experience all three, then I pray that you know our Lord and Savior because that is the only reason we are still breathing today. We are on our knees praying the prayer of King Hezekiah. We pray that God "heals" my body just like Hezekiah prayed for healing of his body. But by healing my body we mean becoming pregnant with our miracle baby...a baby that will be a true gift from God!

Glad to report that my first counseling session was a success. And I already have my next scheduled. My counselor said that I have dealt exceeding well with everything that has happened these last 6 months. Some of you know that we have been back on the fertility bandwagon but not many know that we have been back on since September (with no success obviously). We had a canceled cycle in September because of a broken blood vessel (totally random and crazy) and a failed cycle in October/November. Both times brought me to the brink of depression but through the grace of God he kept me above the sinking waters. He loves me and cares immensely for me. I am so thankful that I am a child of God. Praying for a better November/December!!!

"For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and His ears are attentive to their prayer...."
I Peter 3:12

No comments:

Post a Comment