Saturday, December 11, 2010

Enjoying the Busyness

The last few days have been a blur of busyness.  Wednesday I spent the day with my mom...breakfast at Panera, pedicures, and some shopping.  And on a side not my counselor told me to do things (for myself) that make me feel good (about myself) so that is why we got pedicures in the middle of December.  But just so you all know...my toes are bright RED and I love them.  Every time I step out of the shower my toes make me smile!!!  Then Thursday was a full day of work.  And yesterday I spent the morning with my mom, Cambrey, and Cole.  We went to the play area at the mall,  Panera for chocolate chippers (my fave), and the kids picked out some candy as a treat from grandma on the way out.  Then the hubby and I spent the afternoon together before heading down to K-zoo.  And this morning the hubby went hunting and poor me couldn't fall back to sleep so I decided to blog for a bit before I hit the mall (again) this morning with my mom.  Crazy mall here we come... 

So you might be wondering why we went to K-zoo.  Well last night in celebration of 2 wonderful years of marriage we went to see...
It was awesome and I am so glad we took the opportunity to go and see it when it was showing just a mere 45 minutes from our house.  (I have wanted to see it for the last 3 years).  We enjoyed a yummy dinner at Olive Garden before the show.  And since the hubby doesn't like taking pictures in many public places...we snapped a shot before we left the house!
picture taken right after I made him change...wasn't too happy.

Our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. (2 Cor 4:17)

The question is often asked, "Why is human life drenched in so much blood and soaked with so many tears?" The answer is found in the word "achieving," for these "momentary troubles are achieving for us" something very precious.  They are teaching us not only the way to victory but, better still, the law of victory--there is reward for every sorrow, and the sorrow itself produces the reward... (Streams in the Dessert)

1 comment:

  1. Love the picture. You and Brian are so cute. My friend, we have certainly endured much sorrow and we WILL have joy again someday.
    You are brave to tackle the crazy mall! Hope you found some good deals. :)

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete