Sunday, December 12, 2010

Monday here we come...

And as another weekend comes to a close...another work week is before us.  But I am thankful for the jammed packed fun-filled weekend that we had.  Friday I blogged about here (if you want to catch up).  Saturday morning my mom and I hit up the mall.  I was expecting crazy but it wasn't terribly busy because we were there by 9:30am. I was extremely happy with my purchases and felt that I had accomplished a lot by the time we left.  Loving my new jeans!!!  Then it was off to brace more traffic as I had a few errands to run.  And then when I arrived home (after shopping and errand running for for 4 plus hours) I crashed on the couch for 3 hours.  Then to end the night we met some friends (the Witteveen's) for dinner at Monelli's and went back to their house to hang out for a bit.  Today was a special day because we got to see 2 Christmas programs.  This morning we watched the little children from our church (including some of our friend's little ones) and this evening we went to see 2 of my precious nieces in their Christmas program.  In between we went out for lunch with our friends the Zeinstra's and did a bunch of odds and ends around the house (ohhh and a nap definitely happened too)!  Now the hubby and I our doing our "normal."  Computers on laps watching a movie...a great way to end the weekend!  Hope you all had wonderful weekends too!!!     

And it means the absolute WORLD to me when people remember my little girls.  So thank you to my bestie Karie for these new "A" and "E" mini pails (filled with chocolate kisses)...

If you know someone who has lost a child, and you're afraid to mention them because you think you might make them sad by reminding them that they died--you're not reminding them. They didn't forget they died. What you're reminding them of is that you remembered that they lived, and that is a great gift." -Elizabeth Edwards

1 comment:

  1. I had never heard of that Elizabeth Edwards quote. I am going to use it! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete