Saturday, January 22, 2011

This Last Week

Wow it's been quite a week. Friday was a day of complete shock. Saturday much the same. Sunday brought my breakdown. I then struggled through Monday and Tuesday and on Wednesday decided to schedule a D&C.  Thursday was my best day. I had to work all day so I was completely distracted. And then yesterday (morning) was another morning of ceaseless tears.  Knowing that I truly was not going to be pregnant anymore (again). But then we had the procedure and I came out feeling a little better (if that's truly possible). And here I am today...moving forward. And praying for my happier tomorrows because...

All things are possible with God. Mark 10:27

Amongst the struggles of the week I made sure to keep myself very busy. I found that (after losing the girls) busyness was the best medicine. On Saturday afternoon we went to our "niece" Avery's basketball game and then we went out for lunch with the Zeinstra clan to the tasty Buffalo Wild Wings.  That night my in-law's brought Jet's Pizza over for dinner and we played some games. Sunday we had to drive to my RE's office to pick up my car (it had sat there since the dreadful appointment Friday morning) and then we went for lunch at my parents. Monday morning meant Brian had to go to work which meant I was in desperate need of being distracted. So my mother-in-law took me to get a massage, we went for lunch at TGIF's, and did a little shopping.  Got myself a pair of skinny jeans...since I guess I have to be "skinny" for awhile longer. Tuesday I met with my counselor.  Then met up with my friend Christy for an encouraging chat at Signatures.  Then headed over to my friend (and coworker) Jen's house to hash out our miscarriages.  Love you girl and praying for our better tomorrows!!! That evening we had a wonderful dinner with some wonderful friends (thanks Ryan and Jaclyn) for entertaining us!  Then Wednesday my mom took the day off from work to spend with special ole me.  We went to visit the Princess Diana exhibit in downtown GR and afterwards stopped for a light lunch.  Wednesday night I headed to Bible Study and Thursday was work.  Which brings me to yesterday.  The procedure was quick and painless.  And I was very happy with our decision to move forward. I decided to have the procedure done at my RE's office without anesthesia (since I have issues with nausea) which proved to be another good decision.  We left our house at 9am and we were home already by noon. Slept the whole afternoon (had myself an excellent 4 hour nap) and then just relaxed the rest of the evening.  Oh and ate some yummy Chinese with my parents for dinner.  This morning equals more relaxation (unfortunately I am getting really good at this) and tonight we are planning on attending a progressive dinner through our church.

All I can say is we are truly blessed to be surrounded by our wonderful family and our caring friends (and all of you) as we continue through this crazy (and difficult) journey called life!!!

APPROACH THIS DAY WITH AWARENESS OF WHO IS BOSS. As you make plans for the day, remember it is I who orchestrate the events of your life. On days when things go smoothly, according to your plans, you may be unaware of My sovereign Presence. On days when your plans are thwarted, be on the lookout for Me! I may be doing something important in your life, something quite different from what you expected. It is essential at such times to stay in communication with Me, accepting My way as better than yours. Don't try to figure out what is happening. Simply trust me and thank Me in advance for the good that will come out of it all. I know the plans I have for you, and they are good. (Jesus Calling)

No comments:

Post a Comment