Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Whatever you ask for in prayer, believe!

So we had another eventful doctor appointment today.  And all I can say is that Brian + Lindsey = nothing simple.  I had my 8 week ultrasound at my RE's office and we were hoping for a definite answer of 1 or 2 babies.  Well we DO have one very healthy little one.  The baby is measuring 12.7mm (up from 6.3mm just 6 days ago) and with a strong heartbeat of 167.  And my RE said (after telling us that the baby was 12.7mm) that we have a good size baby for my gestational age...at least he/she is healthy so far!!!  BUT the other baby is still growing too and for a moment my RE thought he saw a flicker (meaning heartbeat).  At that my heart started beating in overdrive and according to the hubby...his stopped.  Good thing he is a man of many lives because his heart has stopped too many times to count over the last few weeks.  But then my RE said it was probably a flicker from the healthy baby's heartbeat or even my own (which is a good possibility because my heart was pounding when he said twins again).  So anyways we go back in 9 days to see if the baby is still there or if my body has reabsorbed the baby.  Thankfully the twins (although identical) are in their own sacs so the nonviable baby should not effect the heart beating baby.  My RE said I could start spotting in the next few days or I could not.  Praying for no spotting and that my body just reabsorbs this precious little one...bleeding would just make me worry.  On the flipside my RE said there is still a 1-2% chance that the nonviable baby will catch up in size (this baby currently measures 8.3mm...up from 3.2mm 6 days ago) and could develop a heartbeat.  So here's to another week of waiting...

But for your smiling pleasure...
4 week 2 days
7 weeks 6 days

Whatever you ask for in prayer, believe. (Mark 11:24)

When you are confronted with a matter that requires immediate prayer, pray until you believe God--until with wholehearted sincerity you can thank Him for the answer...

Never pray in a way that diminishes your faith.  You may tell Him you are waiting, still believing and therefore praising Him for the answer. There is nothing that so fully solidifies faith as being so sure of the answer that you can thank God for it...

The type of prayer that empties us of faith frequently arises from focusing our thoughts on the difficulty rather than on God's promise.  Abraham, "without weakening in his faith,...faced the fact that his body was as good as dead...Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God" (Rom 4:19-20). May we "watch and pray so that [we] will not fall into [the] temptation" (Matt 26:41) of praying faith-diminishing prayers.

Faith is not a sense, nor sight, nor reason, but simply taking God at His word.  The beginning of anxiety is the end of faith, and the beginning of true faith is the end of anxiety. 

You will never learn faith in comfortable surroundings.  God gives us His promises in a quiet hour, seals our covenants with great and gracious words, and then steps back, waiting to see how much we believe.  He then allows the Tempter to come, and the ensuing test seems to contradict all that He has spoken.  This is when faith wins its crown.  This is the time to look up through the storm, and among the trembling, frightened sailors declare, "I have faith in God that it will happen just as he told me" (Acts 27:25). (Streams in the Desert)

3 comments:

  1. Wow Lindsey...what an emotional appointment that must have been for you guys! Lots of prayers are being sent your way for a healthy baby/babies! Also, I will be praying for peace and for this pregnancy to go quickly for you...I can't imagine how anxious you are!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you both! :) You will be a great momma! I also hope this pregnancy goes quickly for you but that you can learn to enjoy it and the miracle going on inside of you with your little ones! :) Wish I were closer and that we could still get together girl - I miss you but read your blogs, pray and think of you often! :) You are loved!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No matter what you're facing in your journey, you are always so eloquent with your words. I appreciate reading your posts--I post "inspirational" things occasionally as a reminder (or pep talk) to myself, which might be the intent of yours too. Just know that they speak to me! :) Thanks for that!

    ReplyDelete