Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Blizzard of 2011

So the great blizzard of 2011 hit Western Michigan last night and continued into this morning.  But I managed to miss it all because of work. The hubby dropped me off at the hospital last night so I could spend the night (yes spend the night) and not worry about needing him to bring me in the morning. The hospital opened up rooms for staff to stay in so I took them up on the offer and actually stayed on my old floor. A couple of other coworkers stayed too so that made it more barely.  In my 27 years I do not remember a time when Grand Rapids shut down...barely anything was open...just crazy.  And since I was already at work I decided to pick up a couple of extra hours so I started my day at 3am instead of 7am. Thankfully I was only scheduled for 8 hours today so the hubby picked me up at 3:30pm...and now we're just relaxing until I work my 13.5 hour day tomorrow. Working hard for my babies...these crazy hours will be over someday...someday...

And the second thing that I wanted to share today is about my friends. I just have to tell you all that I have the most amazing friends (including all of YOU) who continuously encourage me and constantly pray for me. And I just want you all to know that I thank God for each and every one of you! Here is another song sent to me by a friend that I again had to share. I know that I am not the only one hurting so I just want to remind everyone that...No Matter What...YES...no matter what may be happening in our lives...God is right here with us!!!

No Matter What by Kerrie Roberts

I’m running back to your promises one more time,
Lord that’s all I can hold on to,
I gotta say this has taken me by surprise,
but nothing surprises you.
Before a heartache can ever touch my life,
it has to go through Your hands,
and even though I,
keep asking why, I keep asking why.

No matter what, I’m gonna love You,
no matter what I’m gonna need You,
I know that You can find a way to keep me from the pain
but if not, if not, I’ll trust you, no matter what, no matter what.

When I’m stuck in this nothing-ness by myself,
I’m just sitting in silence,
there’s no way I can make it without Your help,
I wont even try it.
I know You have Your reasons for everything,
so I will keep believing,
whatever I might be feeling,
God you are my hope, and you'll be my strength.

No matter what, I’m gonna love You,
no matter what I’m gonna need You,
I know that You can find a way to keep me from the pain
but if not, if not, I’ll trust you, no matter what, no matter what.

Anything I don’t have You can give it to me,
but it’s ok if You don’t,
I’m not here for those things,
the touch of Your love is enough on its own,
no matter what I still love You and I’m gonna need You.

No matter what I’m gonna love you,
no matter what I’m gonna need you,
I know that You can find a way to keep me from the pain
but if not, if not, I’ll trust You,
I know that You can find a way to keep me from the pain,
but if not, if not, I’ll trust you,
no matter what no matter what no matter no matter what.

THANKS KAMI!!!

1 comment:

  1. No matter what, I am here for you! Sometimes lyrics take me by surprise with how deep they hit my heart.
    Glad you and Brian were safe and survived the wicked blizzard!

    ReplyDelete