Sunday, February 6, 2011

Nothing is TOO Hard for God

Nothing is too hard for God, my friend. Absolutely nothing. Jesus said, "All things are possible to him (or her) who believes" (Mark 9:23). A baby is born to a dried up womb, fingers and toes materialize on nubs on a leper's hands and feet, sight is given to a man blind from birth, a son is raised right in the middle of his own funeral procession, and the Red Sea is parted and thousands walk across on dry land. Now, tell me, is there anything in your life too hard for a God like this?  (Sharon Jaynes)

"I tell you the truth, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you" Matthew 17:20

So we had our follow-up appointment (from my D&C) on Friday and at the time of my appointment only my blood clotting results were back. Everything was normal (yea!!!) except one level (yikes!!!)...so because of this abnormal level I had to get another lab drawn. Since I had to work after my appointment I was able to get the lab drawn on Friday (and I was told the results would be called in to my RE within an hour). I guess I carry a heterozygous gene which means I carry an abnormal and normal gene...70% of the time the normal gene is dominant so the abnormal gene doesn't affect anything.  

Well my RE was kinda annoyed that more of my results weren't back already so he said he would make some phone calls and that someone would give me a call later in the day (hopefully with more results but for sure my homocysteine level). Well HE (being my RE) called my work phone a few hours later and when I heard his voice I freaked out. My thought was a doctor calls with bad results and a nurse calls with good results. BUT he only had good news!!! And let me just say how fortunate I am to have such a wonderful RE who called to give me the good news as soon as he knew.  A nurse did call later but my RE beat her to the punch.  Anyways he said I just wanted to let you know that your homocysteine level (the level I had drawn on Friday) came back normal (praise the Lord)!!! And that both Brian and I's chromosomes results came back normal (praise the Lord again)!!! And that the baby's tissue results came back normal too (as in NO infection)...praise the Lord a third time!!!

So now we're only waiting for the baby's chromosomes studies to come back. But it basically doesn't matter because if it was something chromosomal it was just random. And if it isn't...then we just won't know why it happened unless it had something to do with the failed split. But we should know sometime this week either way.

So we take this as all very good news. My RE also said he feels that these 2 instances (being this miscarriage and losing the girls) are completely unrelated which is good...two very crazy and random things. So now were praying for a third to NOT happen and for the next few months to fly by...until we can start the process (again).

So tell me my friends...

How many travelers today, still passing through their Red Seas and Jordan Rivers of earthly affliction, will be able to look back from eternity, filled with memories of God's great goodness, and say, "We 'passed through the waters on foot.' And yet, even in these dark experiences, with waves surging all around, we stopped and said, 'Let us rejoice in him'!" (Streams in the Desert)

So that is what I am doing today. Praising Him for his faithfulness to lil ole ME...

But God has surely listened and has heard my prayer. Praise be to God, who has not rejected my prayer or withheld his love from me!

2 comments:

  1. I have MTHFR too. I have the double C gene mutation (homozygous). I also have normal homocystein levels. I had 2 miscarriages then learned of the homo. MTHFR. I have a 15 month old, and btwn my 2nd m/c and successfully having my son I took 4 mg of folic acid (2 per mutation), 1 81mg baby aspirin, B6, B12 and a PNV. Who knows if that is the reason, but I hope it is for you!!!

    ReplyDelete