Saturday, February 12, 2011

Sometimes He Calms the Storm

The other day I came upon another good message in my Streams devotional which of course got me thinking. Why do I always want to look ahead? Would I have wanted to see what future lay ahead for Brian and I? Absolutely NOT. I would have fought with all my might. I would have begged God day in and day out to change His mind.  Do I wish I could see into the future and see only happiness with a house full of children. Definitely YES!!! But God knows what is best for His children which is exactly why we cannot see into the future. So I tell myself to STOP worrying. And to START trusting. Yes it's a daily struggle but when worrisome thoughts come my way I choose to pray because that is how trust is built!!!

Never look ahead to the changes and challenges of this life in fear. Instead, as they arise look at them with the full assurance that God, whose you are, will deliver you out of them. Hasn't He kept you safe up to now? So hold His loving hand tightly, and He will lead you safely through all things. And when you cannot stand, he will carry you in His arms.

Do not look ahead to what may happen tomorrow. The same everlasting Father who cares for you today will take care of you tomorrow and every day. Either He will shield you from suffering or He will give you His unwavering strength that you may bear it. Be at peace, then, and set aside all anxious thoughts and worries.

The LORD is my shepherd. Psalm 23:1

Not was, not may be, nor will be. "The LORD is my shepherd." He is on Sunday, on Monday, and through every day of the week. He is in January, in December, and every month of the year. He is when I'm at home and in China. He is during peace or war, and in times of abundance or poverty. (Streams in the Desert)

And the song below is SO SO SO very fitting to the above message.  Sometimes He calms the storm and other times He calms His child. As of now He is calming me but I believe in His most glorious and perfect timing He WILL calm the storm too. Like I've said a thousand times before I'm choosing to believe.

Sometimes He Calms the Storm by Scott Krippayne

All who sail the sea of faith
Find out before too long
How quickly blue skies can grow dark
And gentle winds grow strong

Suddenly fear is like white water
Pounding on the soul
Still we sail on knowing
That our Lord is in control

Sometimes He calms the storm
With a whispered peace be still
He can settle any sea
But it doesn't mean He will

Sometimes He holds us close
And lets the wind and waves go wild
Sometimes He calms the storm
And other times He calms His child

He has a reason for each trial
That we pass through in life
And though we're shaken
We cannot be pulled apart from Christ

No matter how the driving rain beats down
On those who hold to faith
A heart of trust will always
Be a quiet peaceful place

Nothing new to report. Just staying busy and getting excited about Arizona...I can almost feel the warmth already!!! I have another busy week ahead of me but that only means time will move more quickly to my happily ever after. Heading out to another 1st grade bball game in a few (Go Ave!!!) and then looking forward to my niece's birthday party tonight and church tomorrow. Oh and wouldn't you believe I never even gave a thought to calling my RE's office to see if they had my baby's chromosome results...here's to trying to remember to call on Monday.

God's plans for those who love Him are beyond what eye has seen, ear has heard, or mind has conceived...
1 Cor 2:9

No comments:

Post a Comment