Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Faith Looks Up

So on Saturday I blogged about "The Testing of Our FAITH". And today I am blogging more about what I read on vacation and a little more about the amazing subject of faith. I found the quote below in one of the books I read...

Sorrow looks back,
Worry looks around,
Faith looks up.

So there you have it folks. Don't look back. Don't look around. Just look up!!! All we have to do is look to Him our Heavenly Father, "who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine..." (Eph. 3:20). So everytime I start worrying I will LOOK UP to Him and HOLD TIGHT to Him. Because I know He will continue to guide me along this crazy terrible painful dreadful awful rocky mountain path. And since nothing can touch me without coming through my Heavenly Father first...why wouldn't I trust Him as my guide?

Is there hope after loss? Can faith overcome fear? Does God want you to trust Him and move on? Yes! But don't expect to feel as if "you're over your loss." Be gentle with yourself. There will always be a part of your heart that holds hands with the child you never fully knew. You may still experience times when you cry, feel angry, or want to hide. That's okay. You lost a child, remember? But your loss has enlarged your life...

One thing is certain, you're not the same person you were. You've grown. Maybe it's time to grow some more. Are you ready to hold hands with the future. Look up. God's eyes are open and they're looking at you. He's watched you fight and struggle through your pain. He was there all the time and wanted you to trust Him. He understands the anguish of your loss. He lost His Son too, remember? But His plan was that His loss would be our gain. He sent Jesus so that we could have eternal life.

Look up. His hand is outstretched. It's reach for you. Please take it. Hold hands with Him and trust Him with your future. He is your future. There is nothing too big for Him. With Him all things are possible. (Kathe Wunnenberg)

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
John 3:16

No comments:

Post a Comment