Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Infertility Etiquette

The other day I started blog hopping a bit more than my usual. And I came across a blog entitled The 2 Week Wait. Well today I came across an article that she wrote on infertility etiquette. I wanted to share a few comical things that made her infertility etiquette list. Do enjoy!!!

1. All movies and TV shows must have a PG label: Warning storyline contains numerous pregnancy related topics.

2. Strollers should have bells so we know when they are coming and can turn the corner.

3. People addicted to crack should not be allowed to have their seventh child

4. The word Duggar shall never be uttered in our presence.

5. Never make a pity face when you talk to me.

6. Save the sonogram photos — don't post them in public

7. Understand if you're pregnant and I don't talk to you for awhile, it's nothing personal, I just hate your uterus.

Anyways crazy me picked up an extra shift (in addition to our mandatory extra shifts) and I promised Brian I would actually "make" dinner tonight. So off to be Mrs. Betty Crocker...making a homemade meatloaf that my mom said was really good. Hope it's better than the last meatloaf recipe I made...that one took a nosedive straight into the trash!

But I'm leaving ya with a lil Streams for the soul...

Faith is built upon trust. God wants us to trust Him - even when we do not understand what is happening or can explain the circumstances. Even when nothing makes sense and everything seems wrong. It is easy to trust Him when the seas are calm and the skies are clear but the strength of our faith is measured in the midst of a raging storm. A crisis always reveals what is really inside. What life does to us depends on what life finds in us. Faith is a deliberate choice to believe God, to walk through our fear, knowing we can trust Him every step of the way.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the link to "The 2 Week Wait." I chuckled at my desk reading some of her recent posts...I try to be much more politically correct on my blog regarding our infertility struggles, but LORD KNOWS I've had the same crazy thoughts and feelings as she voiced. It was somewhat refreshing to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these- they are so true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love 4, 5, and 7. They are absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think #4 should be just human etiquette, same with #3. Prayers always continuing for you and Brian.

    ReplyDelete