Friday, April 22, 2011

Lindsey's Infertile A to Z's

Happy GOOD Friday to everyone!!!

Lindsey's Infertile A to Z's, courtesy of Lindsey @ Adventures of Endo in the Arctic!

A. Age when you started TTC: Lindsey-25. Brian-33.
B. Baby Dancing or Sex: Baby dancing :-)...unless natural sex would make a baby (which we still haven't ruled out)!!!
C. Children wanted: I've always wanted 4. Brian wanted 2. So way back when...we agreed on 3. But since we already have 3...I'm now praying for 5 or 6. But truly I will be thankful for however many blessings He sends our way!!!
D. Dogs/Cats/Fill in Children: Zilch...just me and the hubster.
E. Essential Oils/Vitamins/Snake Oils: Just my horse of a prenatal vitamin.
F. Fertility Meds I’ve taken: Clomid, Lupron, Gonal-F, Menopur, Chorionic Gonadotropin, progesterone (IM and vaginal supps), estrogen, steroids, baby aspirin and a few different antibiotics...
G. Gain: What have I gained from infertility? Stress, strength, and more knowledge about the female reproductive system than I ever needed or wanted to know!!!
H. HSG (Hystosalpingogram): x2. And thankfully both we're pain free and ended with good results!
I. Infertile Pet Peeves: Fertiles complaining about pregnancy symptoms I’d kill for. And the list could go on but I will stop at just one :-) because I know most fertiles mean no harm.
J. Job title: Nurse (and hopefully mommy (again) someday)
K. Kid’s names you’re afraid will be taken by the time you can use them: Keeping this one a secret...sorry folks!
L. Length of time TTC: Just over 2 years...went off BC March of 2009
M. Miscarriages: 1 :-(
N. Number of times you’ve switched OB/GYNS, REs: Started with an OB (who I still really like) but since I am now considered high-risk any future pregnancies will be handled by my new high risk OB (whom I love). 1 RE...got nothing but good to say about him and his partner.
O. Ovarian quality: Excellent!!!
P. POAS or wait for AF: Wait for AF...too many negatives when peeing on a stick.
Q. Quote from an obnoxious fertile: "At least you know you can get pregnant" or "Maybe you should JUST adopt" or "It will happen...just relax and enjoy your time together now before life really changes"
S. Sperm: Private matter...all I have to say is we've got a great count.
T. Time you tried naturally: Just short of a year...with Brian's history we decided to not wait the full year.
U. Uterus quality: Excellent except for the infection it gave my girls. But antibiotics and me will be tight during pregnancy number 3.
V. Vagina: Excellent!!! Praying the cervix stays tight next pregnancy and that it was just the infection that dilated me.
W. What baby stuff do you already have?:Two cribs, a double stroller, and 1 car seat (all purchased the week before life as we know it stopped).  A few girl clothing items and some random toys. Oh and a diaper bag too.
X. X-tra X-tra Hear all about it! How many people know the ins and outs of our crazy TTC journey?: Quite a few people knew once we started IVF and then even more peeps found out once everything happened with the girls. So long story short...lots of peeps know...we just share more with some than others.
Y. Yearly Exam (do you still go in even though someone sees your lady parts most months?: Yep. It's important to do!
Z. Zits: I had pretty good skin until starting fertility treatments! Now it sometimes feels like WW3 has hit...oh well.

Praying...praying...and praying some more that oh so very soon (but in the LORD's perfect timing) that we will be able to put infertility behind us (at least for awhile) but I fully know that it will always be a part of me. And that's okay because it has forever changed me.

As you know, we consider blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of Job's perseverance and have seen what the Lord finally brought about. The Lord is full of compassion and mercy.
James 5:11

1 comment:

  1. I always, always love your posts! Thanks for being so candid and sharing your heart.

    ReplyDelete