Saturday, May 21, 2011

A Saturday Post

So when looking through my posts from this past month I noticed a pattern. The pattern I noticed was that I have only posted on Sundays and Tuesdays. So I am breaking that pattern today and posting something on this beautiful Saturday!

So here's my Saturday posting...
Brian and I started the day by joining my parents and grandpa for a Rainbow Grill breakfast (can you say yum). After breakfast we ran some errands...the most important stop being Costco to pick up a cake for tonight's birthday celebrations. Then we did some yard work...well Brian did most everything...I just picked the weeds. But I liked my job because I actually LOVE picking weeds (I know I'm a bit strange). And then there was some housework to be done...ugh is what I think about that. So after my busy morning I took me a little nap and did it ever refresh me! And now in a few minutes we'll be heading over to my parents to celebrate my dads, my bro-in-laws, and my nephew Cole's birthdays...oh and Mother's Day too.

But the one thing I HAD to share with you all today was that Brian and I have officially completed our goal of reading the Bible in its entirety in under a year...we actually did it in just under 10 months!!! We started reading on August 1, 2010 and today we completed our goal by reading the last 4 chapters in Revelations!!!

And I read the following poem in my Streams the other day and wanted to share. And although at times I will admit that I have not and am not so patiently waiting...I am still waiting as patiently as I can.

Waiting! Yes, patiently waiting!
Till next steps made plain will be;
To hear, with the inner hearing,
The Voice that will call for me.

Waiting! Yes, hopefully waiting!
With hope that needs not grow dim;
The Master is pledged to guide me,
And my eyes are unto Him.

Waiting! Expectantly waiting!
Perhaps it may be today
The Master will quickly open
The gate to my future way.

Waiting! Yes, waiting! still waiting!
I know, though I've waited long,
That, while He withholds His purpose,
His waiting cannot be wrong.

Waiting! Yes, waiting! still waiting!
The Master will not be late:
Since He knows that I am waiting
For Him to unlatch the gate. 
(Streams in the Desert)

No comments:

Post a Comment