Tuesday, May 31, 2011

To all the Infertiles

I haven't blogged much lately. I think the main reason is because I don't have much to blog about... (unfortunately that will be changing in June with the girl's one year quickly approaching). But another reason for my lack of blogging is because when I blog I also (obviously) like to read other peoples blogs. I mostly follow infertility blogs these days and lately it seems like so many people are getting BFN's, miscarrying, or losing babies at 18 weeks because of a placenta issue or because their baby doesn't have any amniotic fluid.

And you know what...it depresses me. My heart aches for those who have to go through any type of infertility but especially those who have to deal with IVF. I don't mean to be offensive to anyone but we (infertiles) go through SO MUCH to get pregnant and then when we lose a baby we have to face it (all the infertility treatments) all over again. Sure the hubby and I can try and get pregnant on our own (and I know God can perform miracles) but realistically we have to wait until our doctor gives us the green light to move ahead. And then we have to add in the meds. Add in the cost of meds, procedures, ultrasounds, blood work. Add in all the ultrasound and blood work appointments (constantly rearranging our schedules to make all the appointments). Add in the anxiety of the 2ww. Add in the waiting for the subsequent beta results. And add in waiting for the first ultrasound (is the baby alive and growing or is the pregnancy ectopic or is it a blighted ovum). So much anxiety and so much waiting. And this is why when someone from the infertile world loses a baby...why my heart breaks into a million pieces. And just so all you ladies know I pray for each of you every night...not all by name but never-the-less I pray that God gives you the peace that only He can give. Keep believing and remember that His way is perfect!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for you support, Lindsey. I agree...it is SO HARD to read about all of the troubles people are having with pregnancies, but at the same time...there ware so many more beautiful healthy babies being born!
    I read your story yesterday and was practically in tears. I'm so sorry to hear what you have endured. Your little girls are beautiful....

    ReplyDelete