Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Day before I Became a Mommy


Another trip down memory lane...
June 23 is another day that is forever etched into my memory. Brian was at work and my friend Karie was "baby-sitting" me until he got home. My friend Gretchen came over too and we were talking wedding because she had just gotten engaged. Around noon I got up to use the bathroom and when I looked into the toilet all I saw was blood. I immediately called the doctor and explained the situation. (Now on a TMI side note I also had had a hemroid and so I wasn't exactly sure where the blood had come from but I was praying it was from that hole and not the other). Well an hour later I got up to go to the bathroom again and this time I paid close attention to the toilet paper...sure enough it was NOT blood from my hemroid. I called the doctor again and she said to get to the hospital ASAP. I called Brian who immediately left work, Karie packed my bags, and when Brian got home we bee-lined it to the hospital.

Things happened pretty quickly once we arrived at Spectrum. I was immediately started on magnesium sulfate (the devil's drug) to stop labor. I was cold then hot...hot then cold. I felt like fire was flaming from my eyes. I could not get comfortable. Most of my family and Brian's parent's were with us that night. My mom and sister were the last to leave (around midnight) saying that they would be back first thing in the morning. 



Here is the update from our Carepage on the 23rd...


Please continue to pray for Lindsey and Brian. Things seemed to take a turn for the worse and they are back in the hospital. Lindsey started to bleed this afternoon and contractions have started. She is dilated to 5 cm and is quite thin. Please pray for a miracle. They are staying strong for each other. Please, please keep praying...


Updated by Courtney (Lindsey's sister)


Around 3am (still super uncomfortable) my nurse gave me a drug called stadol (a drug I will NEVER again take). I felt like someone had tied me to an anchor and had thrown me into the ocean. I couldn't move. I felt paralyzed and nauseous. After what felt like hours (but was pry only minutes) I sat up and vomited and that is when my water broke...and also when life as I knew it felt over because I knew the inevitable was only hours away...

1 comment:

  1. oh ... i am just sick with sorrow, praise Jesus that He has brought you to where you are at this moment. praying for you as usual.

    ReplyDelete