Saturday, June 18, 2011

Memories

Do you remember what you were doing on June 18, 2010? I do. One year ago (from this evening) I was laying in the back seat of Brian's truck with the girls in my belly praying that they would stay put for at least 12 more weeks (17 being best case scenario). The doctor's had told us that there was nothing more they could do for us in the hospital until I reached 22 weeks so homeward bound it was.

Tonight on June 18, 2011 instead of laying in my bed praying for more time with my daughters I will be praising Him for my daughter's short but oh so significant little lives. Tonight we will gather with family and celebrate their 1st birthdays with a balloon release and some yummy birthday cake.

The last few days have been okay. No major breakdowns (yet) which I am thankful for...just a few tears here and there. I said to Brian this morning as we were eating breakfast...I'm glad its summer 2011 and NOT summer 2010...truly a summer I will never forget. The only part I liked about summer 2010 was that I became a mommy to the two most precious little girls and nothing will ever change that. As painful as the summer was I would do it all over again if it meant seeing them just one more time...

4 comments:

  1. Thinking about you and those special baby girls.... enjoy celebrating their sweet birthday today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and what a wonderful mommy you are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there.. I happened to stumble upon your blog and I'm so glad I did. hope u don't mind me just adding myself. :) I haven't read all your posts but this one caught my attention and I have tears in my eyes. You are such a beautiful person inside and out. Enjoy remembering this day to those beautiful angels. sending you big hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you... your daughters are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete