Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Journey: Week 15 and Appointment Update

July 12
How Far Along: 15 weeks and 2 days

Size of Baby: Our little bug-a-boo is on average 4 inches long (crown to rump) and weighs in at about 2.5 ounces. Or for comparisons sake...the size of an apple.

Picture of Baby:
all curled up (head facing away)
BIG stretch!!!
15 weeks: Baby H. is busy moving amniotic fluid through his/her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in his/her lungs begin to develop. Bug's legs are growing longer than his/her arms now, and he/she can move all of his/her joints and limbs. Although his/her eyelids are still fused shut, he/she can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at my tummy, for instance, he/she's likely to move away from the beam. There's not much for Bug to taste at this point, but he/she is forming taste buds. Finally, at my ultrasound this week, I may be able to find out whether Baby H. is a boy or a girl...(so you can be sure that I'll be telling them that we DON'T want to know)!!! (Information taken from babycenter.com)

Maternity Clothes: Still not needed. However, I did ask my doctor about the fact that my belly seems to be so little yet and he just smiled and said that I might not show for awhile because I have LOTS of room for this little one to grow. :)

Weight Gain: Down a pound. Must have been all the stress from that stinking Round Ligament scare. So my grand total as of today is 5.5lbs.

Belly:

Stretch Marks: Nada...

Sleep: Love it!!! Although it does take quite a bit these days to get me comfortable. (And yes I do realize that I am not very big nor very far along which means I can only imagine what I'll be feeling 15 plus weeks from now).

Best Moment of the Week: After my round ligament scare from last week Wednesday...knowing that my sweet little bug is alive, healthy, and growing in my belly. 

Movement: Sometimes I think I feel a lil flutter but still nothing definite. Hoping within the next 3-5 weeks!!!

Symptoms: A tight and full belly at night. And hunger pains that hit every couple of hours.

Food Cravings: McDonald's chicken nuggets...YUM!!! Oh and I did go to the grocery store this past week with my main intent being to get me some Apple Jacks and I must say that they've been tasting mighty good :)

Gender: The plan is to be surprised when the little peanut makes his/her debut IN DECEMBER (OR JANUARY)!!!

What I Miss: Anxious free me...

What I'm Looking Forward to: Making it to 20 weeks...the half way point!!!

So once again I left the doctor's office feeling so so SO much better than when I went in. I was so nervous (diarrhea and retching nervous) going into today's appointment because of the round ligament scare from last week. But the moment the probe was on my belly I saw my sweet bugger's heart just a beating and thankfully he/she was just a moving his/her little arms and legs all around too. I must stop and mention here that I have the WORLD'S BEST HUBBY...Brian is always so calm and reassuring heading into these appointments and there is no way I could muster the courage to go to them by myself. He has come to every single appointment with me throughout this whole pregnancy (including those at my RE's office). Thus far the count is at 9 since the BFP and remember we're only at 15 weeks folks.

Anyways back to the appointment update...Baby Hemy was a whopping 5oz with a heartbeat of 162. (If you remember from above...an average 15 week fetus is 2.5 ounces...we're double that already (yea)!!!...all I can say is grow baby grow)!!! Dr. J said that everything looks great and that there is NOTHING to worry about. This was said because we found out today that I do have placenta previa. (Placenta previa is when the placenta covers the cervix). Go figure I gotta keep things interesting. But Dr. J said that 1 out of 200 pregnancies starts out this way and that as my uterus grows (and moves up) hopefully (and in most cases) the placenta moves up with it. If not then I will have to have a C-section. But I was happy to hear that no harm will come to my sweet bug and that he is in no way concerned about the placenta previa. So that about wraps up this appointment update. Oh but one last thing...my cervical length update. My cervix bounced between 3.7 (with pressure) and 4.2 (no pressure). Thick and long...just the way I like it :) Next appointment is a week from today and my mama is going to be joining me!!!

5 comments:

  1. cute cute cute!! what a blessing. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look amazing! I love your belly and it looks perfect for 15 weeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that growing belly! :) 15 WEEKS DOWN! Great cervical measurement too. Yipee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lindsey, I am so glad to heat your appointment went well! I reading your updates and seeing your baby bump grow:)

    I have been reading your blog and your story brings tears to my eyes. My heart goes out to you and your husband. I think of you often, and I know you miss your anxious free self, but also want you to know thay you are an amazing woman and your story is inspiring. I am glad to have met you through the blogging world:) Keeping you close in thought and prayer.
    -Jen

    ReplyDelete