Sunday, August 7, 2011

A Reminder and This Past Week

Reminders of all I've lost are everywhere. Sometimes I notice them and sometimes I don't. Yesterday was one of those times that I noticed. I was in line checking out at Old Navy when I noticed twin girls that were maybe 2 or 3 years old. I just stared at them and then I felt the tears start rolling down my face. I looked away. Dried my face. And waited for my turn. I don't think that I will ever look at twin girls the same because every time I see twin girls I cry. I cry because every time I see twin girls I think about the daughters that I lost too soon. But then I remind myself about God's promise. The promise that I will be with my twins for forever in heaven. So to that promise I cling.

And on a totally different note...I must say that I am totally lacking in the postings as of late. But lots is always happening around here to keep me busy. Last weekend we headed to Wisconsin for a fun-filled and sun-filled weekend! We went to visit Brian's cousin, his wife and their 3 daughters. Back in June when they came to visit us their girls had such a great time with our best friend's little girls that they (the Zeinstra's) joined us on the journey. It was a quick weekend that flew by too fast.

On Friday morning (my birthday!!!) Brian and I woke up at the crack of dawn (in my opinion 4:15am IS the crack of dawn) so we could be on the road by 5am...(we wanted to miss Chicago traffic). We drove an extra hour so we could visit Brian's 90 year old grandma before heading to Fort Atkinson (where we stayed for the weekend). We got to Fort around lunch time. And ate a little lunch before heading out to relax by the pool for the rest of the afternoon. Steve and Laura and their 3 girls arrived around dinner time. So soon after they arrived we had a yummy dinner of Spaghetti, beans, and bread. We then swam some more before heading out for ice cream in celebration of my birthday. All in all it was a great day!!! The rest of the weekend was basically spent in the pool, playing yard games, and consuming food. And before we knew we were home again...ready to start another week. Enjoy the two pictures I took of the weekend...
The girls...Taylor, Kaylee, Brooke, Avery, Jenna, and Lily
Brian enjoying the sprinkler!

Then last week Monday evening I got together with 4 of my 5 best friends from high school. One of my friends lives in Rehoboth, New Mexico so every July when she comes home we try and get as many of us as possible together. I didn't make it last year since it was just a few weeks after losing the girls so it was great catching up with all of them this year...it had been way too long.

Then on Wednesday all the Vugteveen girls plus the kiddos did a pool day at my sister's pool (except my sis-in-law Jana). One of the greatest joys of summer (in my opinion) are lazy summer pool days.
Cambrey, Addi, Kylynn, Easton, and Cole
(Thanks for looking E-man)!
Me with most of my little loves. Sweet Brinley was sleeping.

And then yesterday Brian and I went to the Corner Bar in Rockford to celebrate my birthday...better late then never and of course we had to end the night with a stop for some ice cream!! And now (since I'm 19 weeks today) it's onward to week 20 baby!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment