Sunday, September 18, 2011

Another Angel Has Her Wings

Yesterday was a heart-breaking day to put it mildly. My sister-in-law's dear friend Julie (and her husband James) unexpectedly lost their only child...their precious little girl...Mikayla Rose. She was only 5 and a half years old and she was one of my 5 year old niece Kylynn's bestest friends...and for that matter my 3 year old niece Addi's too.

But here is why her story touches me so deeply. James and Julie struggled to get pregnant for how long I don't know but they struggled (which obviously I can relate to). And then Miss Mikayla decided to make her debut at 25 weeks (and I believe 2 days). But despite her preemie status Mikayla was like any other little girl except that she had had a few more hospital stays than the average 5 year old. And on occasion I had the privilege of caring for her during these occasional hospital stays. She was the sweetest little girl who touched so many lives.

Last night I slept horribly. I had nightmares all night long and woke up about every 3 hours. And every time I woke up I thought of James and Julie. It reminded me of those long July nights after we lost the girls. When every time I woke up I wondered if I was just having a nightmare and then when I realized that I was not...I just wanted to fall back asleep to forget the pain. Oh how my heart breaks. And then this morning I read this post on my sis-in-law's blog...AND I LOST IT. Sometimes life just isn't fair. I can feel their pain...oh can I feel their pain. And although our loses are very different from each other...the end results are the same...we both lost our only children. And being an angel mommy (and daddy) is no easy task. Please please be in prayer for this couple...not only in the week ahead but the months and years to follow.

Mikayla Rose I pray that my little girls were there to meet you as you were ushered into heaven and into Jesus' waiting arms. I pray that they are showing you and telling you all about the beautiful place you now get to call home. And I hope that you are telling them all about their crazy cousins Kylynn and Addisyn who they never got to meet. Mikayla you will be missed by all but especially by your mommy and daddy. So send them your love every now and then.


Daddy, please don't look so sad,
Mama please don't cry.
'Cause I am in the arms of Jesus
And He sings me lullabies.

Please, try not to question God,
Don't think He is unkind.
Don't think He sent me to you,
And then He changed his mind.

You see, I am a special child,
And I'm needed up above.
I'm the special gift you gave Him,
The product of your love.

I'll always be there with you,
And watch the sky at night:
Find the brightest star that's gleaming,
That's my halo's brilliant light.

You'll see me in the morning frost,
That mists your window pane.
That's me in the summer showers,
I'll be dancing in the rain.

When you feel a little breeze,
From a gentle wind that blows,
That's me, I'll be there,
Planting a kiss on your nose.

When you see a child playing,
And your heart feels a little tug,
That's me, I'll be there,
Giving your heart a hug.

So Daddy, please don't look so sad,
Mama don't you cry.
I'm in the arms of Jesus,
And He sings me lullabies

3 comments: