Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Journey: Week 25 and Appointment Update

September 20
How Far Along: 25 weeks and 2 days.

Size of Baby: 
Our little bug-a-boo is on average 13.5 inches long (head to heel) and weighs about 1.5 pounds. Or for comparisons sake...the size of a rutabaga.
A picture of a rutabaga!

Picture of Baby: 

The babe's profile and body...(don't mind the staple in his/her head)!

25 weeks: 
My baby is beginning to exchange his/her long, lean look for some baby fat. As he/she does, his/her wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and he/she will start to look more and more like a newborn. He/she is also growing more hair--and if I could see it, I'd now be able to discern its color and texture. (Information taken from babycenter.com)

Weight Gain: So on Sunday morning I completely forgot to weigh myself. And by the time I remembered that I had not weighed myself I had already eaten breakfast and I was fully clothed. But I stepped on the scale anyways and low and behold I was up 2.5lbs from last week. I then decided to reweigh myself on Monday morning BEFORE eating and with NO clothes on and I was down a pound from last week. Now I will admit here that my nerves were in FULL FORCE and I was on my antibiotics (and you all know how they work)...so I am going with the down a pound...which puts my total weight gain at 18lbs.


Belly:

Baring the belly :)

Best Moment of the Week: Completing week 24 and moving on to week 25.

Movement: Happiest when I'm feeling my little bundle of love shaking his/her thang in my belly. And she/he is definitely a mover and shaker (most of the time anyways)!!!


Food Cravings: Been enjoying me lots of FRUIT. And I've been craving HOT chocolate lately too.

Gender: Buying gender neutral :)

What I'm Looking Forward to: 28 weeks!!! Which means my babe has a 94% survival rate (with few developmental delays). But lets be serious...this babe better not come until at or after 38 weeks.

Emotions: Anxious for my appointment on Tuesday. And praying like crazy that my cervix is still cooperating.



APPOINTMENT UPDATE
Ahhhh...I LOVE good appointments!!! Baby's heartbeat was beating at 153 today (same as last week). And my cervix came in at 34mm with NO FUNNELING!!! But man-oh-miskins was I ever a basket of nerves waiting to be called back to the ultrasound room. I was visibly shaking. We did have to do the vag wand once again but I'm thinking it will be our last encounter...well that is until we start infertility treatments again. 


Dr. J did say that if I'm feeling at all uncomfortable that we can switch my appointment next week from a prenatal appointment to a prenatal appointment plus a cervical check. But I told him absolutely NOT...I am done with cervical checks. I told him that I wanted to end on a happy note and today was a VERY happy note. So here's to next weeks PRENATAL (only) appointment!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment