Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Journey: Week 29

October 16 
How Far Along: 29 weeks.

Size of Baby: Our little bug-a-boo is on average a tad over 15 inches long (head to heel) and weighs about two and a half pounds. Or for comparisons sake...the size of a butternut squash. ***However, my What To Expect When You're Expecting book says that our babe is about 17 inches long and nearly 3lbs***


29 weeks: Bug's muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his/her head is growing bigger to make room for his/her developing brain. To meet his/her increasing nutritional demands, I'll need plenty of protein, vitamin C, folic acid, and iron. And because his/her bones are soaking up lots of calcium, I need to be sure to drink my milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in Bug's hardening skeleton each day. (Information taken from babycenter.com)


Maternity Clothes: Yes!!!


Weight Gain: Up another pound and a half. Which makes the total weight gain a whopping 27lbs. Thinking that at least half a pound is from the chocolate shake that I had last night :)


Belly:


Stretch Marks: NONE.

Sleep: Wished it was a little more enjoyable but taking what I can get.

Best Moment of the Week: Whenever my blood pressure was at or below 130's/80's.


Movement: Loving it to pieces!!!


Food Cravings: Trident cinnamon gum has become an every day MUST!


Gender: 11 weeks (or slightly less) until we get to find out!


What I Miss: I miss the feeling of NOT being nervous every.single.day. I know that there will be new things to worry about once this babe comes but as of now December CANNOT come soon enough. Praying my blood pressure starts cooperating so I can stop worrying about preeclampsia...


What I'm Looking Forward to: My baby showers!!! First one is October 28...then I have 3 more in November!!!


Milestones: One week from the big 3-0!!! And praying that week 32 is here before I know it.


Emotions: All over the place. And I mean...all over the place. I don't even know where to begin. This blood pressure thing is scaring me to no end. Praying that my appointment tomorrow brings only good news...I no longer care if I am done working...I just want my baby to stay put for at least 8 more weeks. Praying for NO protein in my urine. Praying that my blood pressure is no higher than 130's/80's at tomorrow's appointment. Just praying...praying...praying for my body to cooperate.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for October 28!
    I can't wait to see you in all your shining baby belly glow!
    It will be wonderful to sit back and shower you and your precious baby with love!

    ReplyDelete