Sunday, October 23, 2011

The Journey: Week 30

October 23
How Far Along: 30 weeks!!!

Size of Baby: Our little bug-a-boo is on average 15.7 (or 17) inches long...(just depends on where you are doing your research)...and weighs three pounds. Or for comparisons sake...like a head cabbage.

30 weeks:  A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds my baby, but that volume will decrease as he/she gets bigger and takes up more room in my uterus. His/her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after he/she is born, he/she will keep his/her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When he/she does open them, he/she will respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision--which means he/she can only make out objects a few inches from his/her face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.) (Information taken from babycenter.com)


Maternity Clothes: Mostly maternity but still fitting into some non-maternity.


Weight Gain: Up another pound and a half. Drum rolls please...which makes my grand total a whopping 28.5lbs. I might hit the big 3-0 mark next week :)


Belly: Two for the price of one this week!!!


Saturday afternoon...
and a Sunday morning full frontal shot!

Stretch Marks: Zip...Zero...Zilch

Sleep: I have my good nights...my okay nights...and my it just plain stinks nights.


Best Moment of the Week: After 45 minutes of relaxing...a blood pressure of 126/72 (and at the doctor's office to boot)!!! Oh and an excellent report on my NST (non-stress test).


Movement: Sometimes its more and sometimes its less (which is what sent me to an improntu doctor appointment on Friday) but trying to remain calm knowing that Buggy is growing and has less room to move around. But the movements have definitely changed from jabs to a whole (little) body shifting positions. 

Food Cravings: Sunday lunch at my parents. And still loving trident gum.


Gender: Everyone is telling me its a boy. Guess we'll find out in 10 weeks or less...I do not plan on being overdue...hopefully Dr. J agrees with this!!!


What I Miss: Me NOT being so anxious. I know life will be full of different worries once the babe arrives but I will take those worries ANY DAY over this anxiety-ridden pregnancy. In the car today Brian said he is most looking forward to being "normal" for awhile. He said he is done with this horrible pregnancy. Que Bug's kick. I told Bug that mommy loves him/her and Brian said...its not the baby I don't love its his/her neurotic mother who I can't handle much more of...isn't he sweet?!? 


What I'm Looking Forward to: My first shower this coming Friday hosted by my lovely sister with help from my bestie and one of my sis-in-laws!!!


Milestones: I am the big 3-0 (weeks) today!!! See ya later 20's...


Emotions: Thankful for all the prayers of love being poured out on behalf of Bug's healthy arrival...in December (or January).

No comments:

Post a Comment