Sunday, October 30, 2011

The Journey: Week 31

October 30
How Far Along: 31 weeks.

Size of Baby: Our little bug-a-boo is on average 16 inches long (head to heel) and weighs 3.3 pounds (and is heading into a growth spurt). Actually as of my appointment this past Tuesday Bug was already a hefty 3lbs and 13ozs...what an over-achiever!!! But for comparisons sake...my babe is about the size of four navel oranges.

Picture of Baby: I am not a huge fan of face shots and that's what I got this week so sorry no picture of Buggy (again) this week.


31 weeks: Bug can turn his/her head from side to side, and his/her arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his/her skin. He/she is probably moving a lot, too, so I may have trouble sleeping because Bug’s kicks and somersaults will keep me up. I can take comfort though because all this moving is a sign that my baby is active and healthy. (Information taken from babycenter.com)

Weight Gain: Well I didn't break the big 3-0 this week. Holding steady at a total weight gain of 29.5lbs...which only puts me up one pound this week.


Belly:


Stretch Marks: None.


Sleep: I often will lay in bed for an hour or so after getting up to pee unable to fall back asleep...it stinks the big one. But I've noticed that if I move to the couch I am able to fall back asleep again. So more nights than not at some point during the night I end up on the couch. 


Best Moment of the Week: Seeing Buggy via ultrasound again this week...he/she is getting so big! I loved hearing that he/she is in the 68th percentile (growing strong!!!) and that the kidneys are looking good (still mild hydronephrosis) and that I have plenty of fluid for Buggy to move around in. Praise the Lord for a healthy growing baby.


Movement: Pretty sure the less stressed I am...the more Buggy moves. And my stress level has been down which means Buggy has been on the move...ALL THE TIME!!! So praying that I continue to stay calm. I took my blood pressure a few days after starting on my blood pressure med and it was actually normal at 116/72. On a different note I'm pretty sure that Buggy is still transverse...but we will find out for sure on November 22...3 weeks (plus 2 days) away.  

Food Cravings: Grilled cheese sandwiches.


Gender: Most people say BOY...although there are a few that say GIRL. I think BOY (because hydronephrosis is more common in boys...although if you remember from week 23 I mentioned that my daughter Ella had it too). Old Wives-Tales all point to GIRL. Long story short...who really knows...guess we'll be finding out in 9 weeks (or less)!!!


What I Miss: A normal nights sleep. Peeing 3-4 times a night and (pregnancy induced) sleep insomnia are getting a little old. Can't wait until my sleep is instead disrupted by my beautiful baby wanting to eat.


What I'm Looking Forward to: My ultrasound on November 22. I am a planner and would like to know if a C-Section is in the books for me. And I am looking forward to finishing my antibiotics. I have to take one pill tomorrow (to finish this weeks 5 day course) and then my last round of antibiotics is November 10-14. I've been on/off this antibiotic since July 7...meaning every other Thursday I have started a 5 day course. It will be a wonderful feeling to just be done with them...that is until I get pregnant (Lord-willing) again.


Milestones: Only one week from hitting the 32 week mark...which happens to be my next big goal. At 32 weeks babies can typically get the suck and swallow pattern down much quicker than a babe born before 32 weeks. Also babies born at 32 weeks have an excellent chance of survival, without any major complications, though they might not have full lung maturity (which generally occurs between 33 and 37 weeks).


Emotions: Starting to get really excited to meet this little one!!!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on 31 weeks! So glad to hear that things are progressing well :)

    ReplyDelete