Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Another Date for the Books

I woke up this morning like I do any other morning (thankful to be one day further into this journey)...and unaware of the significance of today's date. But as soon as I read my devotional the significance hit me square in the face. One year ago I (we) received the news that our first (FET) frozen embryo transfer had NOT worked. I was BEYOND devastated...wondering if we would ever be Earthly parents. I remember the day as if it were yesterday. Although many tears had fallen the day before when I saw the negative pregnancy test...I was still holding on to a little bit of hope that maybe just maybe when the phone call came I would possibly be pregnant. But when the phone call came with the "I'm sorry"...all hope was dashed. *On a side note this was the only IVF cycle that I POASed (peed on a stick) since Brian could not be home with me to wait for the results.*

I remember calling Brain in tears and telling him that we just had to do 2 embryos the next go around because I just couldn't take another negative cycle. He agreed but little did I (we) know all we had yet to experience. But here we are a year later expecting our little miracle in less than 54 days. Thankful it's 2011 and NOT 2010...

No comments:

Post a Comment