Sunday, November 6, 2011

The Journey: Week 32

November 6
How Far Along: 32 weeks!!!

Size of Baby: Our little bug-a-boo is on average 16.7 inches long (head to heel) and weighs 3.75 pounds. Or for comparisons sake...the size of a 
jicama.



A jicama for your viewing pleasure!

32 weeks: I’m gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to my baby. In fact, he/she will gain a third to half of his/her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as he/she fattens up for survival outside the womb. He/she now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). His/her skin is becoming soft and smooth as he/she plumps up in preparation for birth. (Information taken from babycenter.com)


Maternity Clothes: I can still get away with some non-maternity items...such as open sweaters (open anything for that matter) and comfy clothes. But it's mostly maternity these days...and definitely maternity bottoms.


Weight Gain: A whopping 3lb gainage this week. I guess I need to LAY off the Monster Cookies. Up until Friday I was eating 3/day plus enjoying me some ice cream on most nights. And I had some cake on Friday for my sister's birthday and a Wendy's frostie last night. Hopefully I don't gain so much this coming week and hopefully my Dr. J doesn't care about the gainage from this past week. Anyways this brings my total poundage to 32.5lbs...guess I crossed the big 3-0 mark this week with absolutely NO problem :)


Belly:



Stretch Marks: Nope...


Sleep: Not so enjoyable. I actually didn't enjoy the fall back time change from last night because it was another hour of restless sleep.


Best Moment of the Week: I love feeling Buggy's little hiccups.


Movement: Buggy has been an active little Bug lately (so very thankful for this)!!!


Symptoms: For the last few weeks I have felt on/off pressure on the cervix (Dr. J told me this was normal), a few times in the past couple of weeks I've had me some heartburn, and just this past week I noticed the beginning stages of that little (or not so little) thing called swelling. I noticed midweek that its a bit harder to get my ring off and yesterday and again today I noticed that some shoes feel a little tighter than normal.


Food Cravings: Obviously sweets...(and to be more specific...homemade by ME...Monster Cookies)!!!


Gender: A few peeps this week told me they think I'm having a girl. Oooooh I'm just loving the suspense...5-7 more weeks and we'll all know the gender of sweet Buggy-bear!!!


What I Miss: The ease of bending down to pick things up, the ease of bending down to tie my shoes, and the ease of shaving. If Brian is around I ask him to pick things up for me...what else is a husband for?!? And the other day while doing a puzzle with my niece Cambrey I kept dropping puzzle pieces on the floor and I of course asked her to pick them up. After about the third time she asked me why I kept dropping the pieces. I told her I wasn't trying to drop them and I guess that answer was good enough for her because the little sweetheart picked every piece up that I dropped!!!


What I'm Looking Forward to: My next ultrasound in 2 weeks...November 22 to be exact!


Milestones: I made it to 32 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I remember just wishing to be 20 weeks already...then 24 weeks...then 28 weeks...then 32 weeks and what do you know...here I am!!!


Emotions: Getting really excited to meet this "Little Miracle."

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on 32 weeks!!! You're looking absolutely gorgeous!!! I love that you're feeling hiccups!!! Praying for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love, love (I could go on forever) seeing your belly!!!!! I could not be more overjoyed for you! Now I breathlessly await for the news that you delivered a beautiful, healthy, whole, earth angel!!! And I'm thinking it's a boy! =)

    ReplyDelete