Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Journey: Week 33

November 13
How Far Along: 33 weeks.

Size of Baby: Our little bug-a-boo has (more than likely) passed the 17 inch mark and weighs a little over 4 pounds. For comparisons sake our babe is the size of a pineapple.


33 weeks: Bug is rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his/her skeleton is hardening. The bones in Bug's skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for Buggy to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance). These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as Buggy's brain and other tissue expand during infancy and childhood. (Information taken from babycenter.com)


Weight Gain: Up another 1.5-2lbs...the scale couldn't decide. So totally gainage is about 33lbs (or 33.5lbs).


Belly:


Stretch Marks: Still nada...and only 5-6 weeks to go!!!


Sleep: Last night I went to bed at 10:40pm and woke up at 7:45am. In that amount of time I got up to pee 5 (YES 5) times to pee and laid awake for an hour (from 4:30am-5:30am). At 5:30am I finally decided if I wanted to fall back sleep I best move myself to the couch which is where I slept for another 2 hours (although I did wake up at 6:30am to pee). Needless to say I did not feel very rested when I woke up this morning.


Best Moment of the Week: Normal non-stess tests!!!


Movement: As I blogged on Friday Buggy was not moving a whole lot on Thursday...which made for another horrible restless night of sleep Thursday night. I was a little on edge Friday (although thankfully I was feeling movement) but then yesterday and today Buggy has been in action mode. So very thankful for Buggy's constant movement...always makes this mama feel so much better!!!


Symptoms: Pressure on and off (down yonder)...and obviously going through toilet paper like its my job (with all my peeing).


Food Cravings: Sweets, EGGO waffles, milk, skittles...


Gender: I've been told boy and girl this week...everyone has a different opinion!


What I Miss: A good night's sleep, bending, and nervous/anxious free Lindsey.


What I'm Looking Forward to: My ultrasound on November 22. My last shower on November 30. And holding my sweet bundle of LOVE!!!


Milestones: I entered month 8 (as of last week)!!! And I am now only a mere 5-6 weeks from holding Buggy (since I will be induced sometime between 38-39 weeks)!!!


Emotions: Had an emotional breakdown this week. When Buggy doesn't move I become extremely anxious...(and that's a major understatement). My Friday breakdown was due to 2 things...me already being stressed and on edge from Buggy's lack of movement and me being forgetful this pregnancy (and getting yelled at by the hubster). So without going into a lot of details (don't feel like typing it all) lets just say that LOTS of tears were shed. This breakdown however led me to telling Brian (who wants Buggy to come after Christmas) that if Dr. J will induce me at 38 weeks then that is just what we are going to do. I know that 37 weeks is fullterm and that 38 weekers are ready for the world...and I am more than ready to hold Buggy alive and well in my arms (and free of the stress from this pregnancy).

2 comments:

  1. You're so, so close - and looking absolutely amazing!!! I hope your doctor will induce you and that Buggy is soon safely in your arms. I'm also one for early as opposed to late delivery. So long as Baby is ready for the world, I'm all about it. I'm already planning on insisting that we not go a day over 40 weeks. Sending love and prayers your way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I looked that good pregnant!! =)

    ReplyDelete