Sunday, November 20, 2011

The Journey: Week 34

November 20
How Far Along: 34 weeks.

Size of Baby: Our little bug-a-boo has is almost 18 inches long and weighs about 4lbs and 12oz. Or for comparisons sake our babe is the size of a cantaloupe.


34 weeks: Bug’s fat layers--which will help regulate his/her body temperature once he/she is born--are filling him/her out, making him/her rounder. Bug’s skin is also smoother than ever. His/her central nervous system is maturing and his/her lungs are continuing to mature as well. If I’ve been nervous about preterm labor, I’ll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies. (Information taken from babycenter.com)


Maternity Clothes: Mostly maternity yes but I can still get away with a few non maternity items (the shirt in today's bump picture is one example). 


Weight Gain: Another pound and a half was gained this week. Putting the total at 35.5lbs. Creeping towards the big 4-0...


Belly:
34 weeks
and here I am at 27 weeks (obviously wearing the same shirt)...and boy 
did the belly GROW!!!

Stretch Marks: The answer is still none...praying it stays that way!!!


Sleep: I slept really really good one night this week and pretty good the rest of the nights. Thinking this is because Brian was Up North hunting and I had the bed...ALL TO MYSELF!!! I told him (when he got home) that maybe he should sleep on the couch for the remainder of the pregnancy...he didn't take the bait!


Best Moment of the Week: As always feeling my sweet bundle of LOVE move around in my belly. Or maybe getting my maternity pictures back...(they turned out GREAT)!!! I will hopefully post some this week for your enjoyment!!!


Movement: I just love feeling Buggy's arms and legs jab me...it's a crazy awesome feeling!!!


Symptoms: My mom told me (and I would ONLY take this well from my mom and maybe my sis) that my face is looking fuller. I am also starting to have more back pain and some slight cramping here and there (very mild). Guess this means my body is starting to prepare for Buggy's arrival!!!


Food Cravings: Orange juice...and I'm not drinking it only to get Buggy a-moving...I'm just craving it in general.


Gender: My mom thinks I know because she talked to someone this week whose daughter knew the gender but managed to keep it a secret from her mom. But I asked my mom this...why would I go to all the trouble of buying boy AND girl stuff (off Etsy) as well as buying a few starter boy and girl items (from Kohl's). And bottom line is this...I AM A TERRIBLE LIAR...you can see right through me...and my mom knows this.


What I Miss: Sleep.


What I'm Looking Forward to: My (21st) ultrasound on Tuesday!!! Very excited to know how Buggy is positioned (praying he/she is head down). And also very excited to see how big Buggy has grown over the last 4 weeks.


Milestones: I am 5 weeks (or less) from delivering. So excited and so ready to meet Buggy!!!


Emotions: Feeling confident with my twice a week non-stress tests.

1 comment: